What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out my stock swaybar bushings were squeaky.. Broke one of my front swaybar bracket bolts.
IMG_0160.jpeg

Ordered some new bolts.. and still have to drill out the broken one.. but

My upper balljoints are both stuck. Any tips on removing them?

Watching videos, I may just need a bigger hammer. I will forego the double hammer method, and get a bigger hammer next outing..
Swapping lift spacers again, the 2.5" are too close for my liking and I decided to run a 1.5" - 2.0" lift in front and nothing in rear

full droop 2.5" lift (1.25" thick), drove ok. !?

IMG_0159.jpeg
smaller hardware in the generic 2.5" kit than the roughcountry 2" hardware, smaller head, slightly smaller thread diameter.

rears with a 1" spacer seemed to bottom the shocks with stock z71 suspension... rear spacers now removed..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found out my stock swaybar bushings were squeaky.. Broke one of my front swaybar bracket bolts.
View attachment 436788

Ordered some new bolts.. and still have to drill out the broken one.. but

My upper balljoints are both stuck. Any tips on removing them?

Watching videos, I may just need a bigger hammer. I will forego the double hammer method, and get a bigger hammer next outing..
Swapping lift spacers again, the 2.5" are too close for my liking and I decided to run a 1.5" - 2.0" lift in front and nothing in rear

full droop 2.5" lift (1.25" thick), drove ok. !?

View attachment 436789
smaller hardware in the generic 2.5" kit than the roughcountry 2" hardware, smaller head, slightly smaller thread diameter.

rears with a 1" spacer seemed to bottom the shocks with stock z71 suspension... rear spacers now removed..
That bolt head is definitely rubbing that axle shaft.

You can also get spacers for the top of the strut, so you don't have to run as large of one on the bottom and still get the lift you want.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just lubed my stock 160k mile ones. with the energy suspension lube, it's this crazy thick water proof silicone based stuff. they didn't have any crack or anything. Just a little squeaky when cold in the morning. could have been the end links. I did both.

ball joints, I have not done these but I'm guessing you have the big c clamp thing and a impact?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bolt head is definitely rubbing that axle shaft.

You can also get spacers for the top of the strut, so you don't have to run as large of one on the bottom and still get the lift you want.
I clocked the bolt head to minimize interference, with the smaller Motofab 2.5" bolt heads than the rough country 2" bolts..
a little space between with wheels on ground...

But yeah I'm going back down to stock level heights..
Going to try an ebay 22mm spacer vs the RoughCountry 25.4mm spacer (2" lift?) I had before for slightly more relaxed angles and little bit of rake.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stuff like this is why I don't really mess with suspension mods anymore.
Back in the day I had stuff lowered but I never went crazy and always researched the crap out of everything before I dove in.
The last personal vehicle I did mods on was my 2002 Altima, but it was only lowered .5 in in the rear and 1.5 in in the front to even out the fender gap and provide better high speed stability.
It is rock solid at 130mph.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed Flowmaster Super 40 Saturday night after working in the morning and taking a power nap in the afternoon. I did a lot of research and was expecting the front of muffler pipe to be 2.75" od and behind it 3" od. NOPE. 2.5" od both ends. :mad: Which in return means pissing away money on 3" ID Flowmaster muffler and adapter pipes and adapters and SS band clamps for each calculated connection that all went to SHIT. And 3 to 2.75" adapter is so short it leaves no room for band clamps. So I had to order old skool pinch clamps. Just a cluster FK.

Hard lessons learned, and more money spent for the Amazon ordered expected right parts and clamps to be delivered tomorrow on a holiday to try and get my stuff right. Got a self tapper screw holding SLP tailpipe to the muffler extension. WOW. I tried to put 2 in and one broke off so I have to fight that bastard out too.

And hot and humid as hell. Bugs and mosquitoes. FK.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Flowmaster Super 40 Saturday night after working in the morning and taking a power nap in the afternoon. I did a lot of research and was expecting the front of muffler pipe to be 2.75" od and behind it 3" od. NOPE. 2.5" od both ends. :mad: Which in return means pissing away money on 3" ID Flowmaster muffler and adapter pipes and adapters and SS band clamps for each calculated connection that all went to SHIT. And 3 to 2.75" adapter is so short it leaves no room for band clamps. So I had to order old skool pinch clamps. Just a cluster FK.

Hard lessons learned, and more money spent for the Amazon ordered expected right parts and clamps to be delivered tomorrow on a holiday to try and get my stuff right. Got a self tapper screw holding SLP tailpipe to the muffler extension. WOW. I tried to put 2 in and one broke off so I have to fight that bastard out too.

And hot and humid as hell. Bugs and mosquitoes. FK.

When my factory cathback started leaking I replaced it with this system, and upgraded the muffler.

It's holding up fine with salty winters, so I'd buy it again. I did swap out the crush clamps with 3" lap clamps.

And, a new Walker clamp off the 3rd cat. The rubber hangers were still in perfect shape so I just reused those. The tip that comes with the kit is kind of dumb, so I found a SS turn-down to stick on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnuts28

Latest posts