What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The worm drive clamps I have on my external trans filter setup would leak during the winter and I would have to tighten them. That's why I switched them over to spring clamps

maybe it's a southern thing.. I've seen some over the years seep a bit here and there, usually big ones in the 2in and bigger range and only really because other techs just use a screw driver on them. but a quick snug with a nut driver and never happens again.

the cheaper ones will cut in to a hose if your over tighten them but the good ones are smooth inside.

I only trust spring clamps on low pressure stuff like radiator or vacuum lines. you're braver than me using them on a tranny hose. at work we make up Parker hydraulic lines with an fittings for anything tranny related. to much risk of fire on tranny stuff for hose clamps. and never on fuel lines. fuel lines have then own set of rules. they basically shouldn't be repaired, just replaced. except for the return line of the diesels from the injector rail to tank. even the manufacturers use crap quality hoses and stuff on that. which is weird we worry more about tranny and hydraulic leaks than diesel haha. gas we treat like it's radioactive waste with the chromium in it

I'm sure if the kit comes with it, it's fine but I couldn't run a spring clamp on anything a oem wouldn't use them on and I've never seen them used on high pressure on a stock setup? but I don't work on everything. maybe some German stuff uses them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts