What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've gone through a second tank of corn in theothertwin. I am really not impressed with 8 mpg, plus the additional cost per gallon.
Are ya rock crawling or going over mountains when running E85 (or driving like @Doubeleive) to get that gas mileage? Just seems low, well lower than I get, and I've got a bigger engine and larger vehicle.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are ya rock crawling or going over mountains when running E85 (or driving like @Doubeleive) to get that gas mileage? Just seems low, well lower than I get, and I've got a bigger engine and larger vehicle.
I was down to about 9.5 on premium before gas went up to almost $6 a gallon now I'm around 11-12 city driving mostly
I have only eased up on the peddle so I don't have to fill up as often lol $100 only gives me 3/4 tank

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of which defeats the purpose of saving fuel costs out of the box.

Yes, more expensive. It's been that way for 1-2 years.

Feed the starving cows, give your car some good ole dinojuice.
Weird, and commifornia e85 has always been cheaper than gas.
10 or 15 years ago, we didn't have a whole lot of stations, and price per tank was about the same as running premium, but you got the benefit of higher octane and cooler air fuel mixture.

Right now it's still actually cheaper than running regular because of the insane gas prices.

I only run it for the performance benefits as well as how clean burning it is.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently my truck Norris cam is still 3 to 4 weeks out. I got everything else though.
Although now I might want to return a few things to Brian tooley and order probably 2k of other parts off of summit.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the Suburban camping/turkey hunting/fishing. We were failed turkey hunters this year but successful fishermen. Lots of new hunters this year who don't know the old etiquette. They blocked entrances so only one vehicle could get in (setting aside 1000 acres of public land for themselves), tried to stalk turkeys that I was calling in thereby busting the setup, that sort of thing. But it's more about meeting up with old army buddies, work buddies, and hunting buddies, so it was all good.
I had the tow tune and 93 octane for the first time i think while towing the camper. There is a place on the Appalachian Highway where we have to accelerate and merge going up hill. A trucker way behind me moved to the left lane. I am sure he though wtf when I left him way behind. ;)
View attachment 369662View attachment 369663
Looks like fun.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gone through a second tank of corn in theothertwin. I am really not impressed with 8 mpg, plus the additional cost per gallon.

My lowest MPG on E85 was 7.5 MPG over 12 hours where the average speed was just 13.8 MPH. Truck spent a lot of time idling between towing a trailer to and from storage while moving.

It's combined average over 57 tankfuls is 12.1 MPG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO

Latest posts