What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a question for you gurus. I’m looking at acquiring a thirdtwin. The local Chevy house has a 2015 LT with 4wd. The listing says it’s a single speed transfer case. I assumed, I know right, that really meant AWD. looking at it in person the selector still has 4Hi and 4Lo.

So what is a single speed transfer case versus 2 speed?

im looking at a future overland ride upgrade from thecopcar.
First Pic is single speed transfer case knob.

Second pic is two speed transfer case knob.

Two speed has 4low

Screenshot_20220611-102734_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220611-102820_Google.jpg

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you gurus. I’m looking at acquiring a thirdtwin. The local Chevy house has a 2015 LT with 4wd. The listing says it’s a single speed transfer case. I assumed, I know right, that really meant AWD. looking at it in person the selector still has 4Hi and 4Lo.

So what is a single speed transfer case versus 2 speed?

im looking at a future overland ride upgrade from thecopcar.
A triplet?! You're Nutz!

I'd say the listing is incorrect.
It must be a 4wd.
AWD = "1 speed"
4WD = "2 speed"

Early LT motor...Ive heard drama.
Did you test drive? Try to put it in 4Low?

I originally was looking for a white '15-'20 SSV...but at the time, they were at least $10k more for a '15 vs a '14 with the same miles.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A triplet?! You're Nutz!

I'd say the listing is incorrect.
It must be a 4wd.
AWD = "1 speed"
4WD = "2 speed"

Early LT motor...Ive heard drama.
Did you test drive? Try to put it in 4Low?

I originally was looking for a white '15-'20 SSV...but at the time, they were at least $10k more for a '15 vs a '14 with the same miles.
I have not driven it. Stealership is closed today, and open Sunday. Stupid blue laws.

I have dirt roads in my neighborhood to test the 4Lo on.

Most likely theothertwin will go in trade, or be sold to a neighbor's boyfriend.

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was last night but all the same, changed my diff fluid for what might have been the first time in 135k miles. There was a solid 1/2in of metal powder/sludge on the magnet and the fluid was silvery black. Hope no permanent damage. Also added a spring pad on the drivers rear to help level it out after adding 2in drop springs.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not driven it. Stealership is closed today, and open Sunday. Stupid blue laws.

I have dirt roads in my neighborhood to test the 4Lo on.

Most likely theothertwin will go in trade, or be sold to a neighbor's boyfriend.
Test it on the street...just drive straight. It'll obviously shift very different speeds as High.
I've actually never had mine is a situation where I used Low range, yet.

Ah, got you, a newer replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO

Latest posts