What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess there are benefits to a high torque start (gear reduction) using less power, but at the same time I look at how reliable will it be? compared to a oem style
ter.JPG
Did the V1 radar not work?
he wasn't using radar even though he put that he did on the ticket

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pffft. They ain't going anywhere without a flux capacitor.
Bubble burster!
I guess there are benefits to a high torque start (gear reduction) using less power, but at the same time I look at how reliable will it be? compared to a oem style
View attachment 411483

he wasn't using radar even though he put that he did on the ticket
I don't know, they've been around a long time, but not used as much obviously because you really only need them for high compression engines that are hard to turn over.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the 1.7 KW 11t starters when I searched for the 6.2L
Grabbed a Remy from RockAuto. We'll see how that works, and I guess I'll finish my big three and upgrade the starter wire at the same time.

All these factory starters are gear reduction also, they just use a planetary style reduction.

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to park mine for a few days. My Mishimoto radiator is leaking in about 10 different spots. I can't even top off the coolant bottle without it leaking right back out. I bought this radiator as an open box special back when I replaced the engine a few years back. Basically it was discounted because it had some blemishes and I figured who cares, can't really see it anyhow. But the discounted price also meant no warranty. Fast forward to earlier this year, I noticed a small leak on the driver's side, near where the core welds into the tank. Now it's doing the same thing on the passenger side. I pulled my fans and noticed both sides of the radiator are leaking at a lot of the welds, in a bunch of different spots. There are leaks in the middle of the radiator too!!!

I'm torn in the decision I have to make. Do I blow $600 on a brand new Mishimoto that CAN be warrantied, or do I buy another brand. I'm going to be buying a procharger and installing it this upcoming spring, so I'm not confident that a factory radiator will be good enough.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to park mine for a few days. My Mishimoto radiator is leaking in about 10 different spots. I can't even top off the coolant bottle without it leaking right back out. I bought this radiator as an open box special back when I replaced the engine a few years back. Basically it was discounted because it had some blemishes and I figured who cares, can't really see it anyhow. But the discounted price also meant no warranty. Fast forward to earlier this year, I noticed a small leak on the driver's side, near where the core welds into the tank. Now it's doing the same thing on the passenger side. I pulled my fans and noticed both sides of the radiator are leaking at a lot of the welds, in a bunch of different spots. There are leaks in the middle of the radiator too!!!

I'm torn in the decision I have to make. Do I blow $600 on a brand new Mishimoto that CAN be warrantied, or do I buy another brand. I'm going to be buying a procharger and installing it this upcoming spring, so I'm not confident that a factory radiator will be good enough.
lol, the squirrel in head starts churning "2 radiator mod"

Reaction score
I've never experienced any radiator leaks in any of my vehicles, ever (knock on wood)

I'm still rocking the OE radiator on both the 2001 and 2012.

Heck, the 2002 Mustang still has the OE radiator, and the 1995 I only replaced because of the much added HP and that was replaced with an OE replacement that had 2 cores instead of the factory single core.

Only vehicle I have with an aftermarket all aluminum radiator is the 1933 Ford. It has an Afco that cost about $900

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How many vehicles come from the factory with 6-, 8-, or 900+ HP and have aluminum core rads with composite end tanks? See if you can contact anyone with a Hennessey or Lingenfelter GM SUV to see what radiator they have. Maybe browse a Challenger forum.

I'm just not a fan of being at the mercy of someone's TIG skills when reinventing the wheel. I think one of the reasons the OE-style aluminum and composite rad is so successful across so many platforms is because it can take the shocks, vibes and other loads experienced in a daily driven environment. The all-aluminum rads are too rigid so the weakest points are soon revealed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89