What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
On the road again. Appears I have increased my gas mileage 20-25% while towing the camper. Normally I just leave it in Tow/Haul where it usually stays in M5 and rarely M4. I saw a post from @NickTransmissions to use M4 and M3. It always seemed like it was lugging in M5 pulling my 5000LB square camper. I manually put it in M4 now and M3 up hills. Fuel mileage went from 8+ to 10+ (depends on weather etc). More testing needed however.
IMG_2191.jpg

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today we forgot to get gas and then made a wrong turn. Display switched from 35 mile remaining to "Fuel Level Low". Drove around 20 more miles before getting gas and the needle was about 1/16" below E. Took 27.5 gallons to fill up and supposedly 31.5 gallon tank. So about 4 gallons remaining. I wonder how much of that is useable before we are on the side of the rode?
Ah, you have the long wheelbase, my tank is only 26 sadly.

But according to my incorrect reading fuel sender that I just pulled out, you can get pretty darn far.
When I went to change it out, I was in the driveway which is a slight incline, and cycled the fuel pump to get the last 4 gallons out, and there was only around 1 quart left if that.
Literally a splash before it started pulling air.
The way they're set up, the plastic canister the fuel pump and filter and sending you net sit in, literally rest on the bottom of the tank. They're pushed down by the springs on the rods attached to the top of the tank.
So it'll draw every bit out that it can.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well…no work on the Denali this week. The wife decided that she wanted to get the first buck of the season.

IMG_4159.jpegIMG_4160.jpeg
I think she could have gone about doing so using a much cheaper alternative. Body shop quoted $15k for repairs (parts & labor). Thank god for insurance.
72055296258__65866361-29C0-4B3F-A3E1-AECE912ED6CF.jpeg
However, my pup is happy with his new chew toys.
72097744989__A44211CF-7D6D-416A-97ED-E7406BBBCC4F.jpeg
And momma is excited about driving the rental vehicle I picked up for her. Just what she needs…another red sports car to drive while the deer are in rut.
Maybe next week I get my Denali pulled into my shop so I can work on a little prior to it going in for the trans rebuild.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it across a creek, up a hill and into a cow pasture at our friends’ farm so the kids could meet some cows.

View attachment 412107

Nice green scenery. I had to double take for a minute and make sure you weren’t parked down by my pond taking photos. Your friends pastures are not quite as high as my hills are, but it looks almost as steep as the grade on my property is. Let me tell you…mowing those 15-20° slopes often gives you quite the pucker factor. Using cows is a much safer method than the one I’m using.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gruvin power folding mirror rebuild kit on the passenger side yesterday due to a failed gear.

I put it back together with some areo grease/slide glide.
Luckily i bought the kit for both sides!!

So today, i installed the driver side.
Went much quicker once i had done it before.

Is Gruvin the company who’s owner is does most of the work in house with a skeleton crew of guys. He will send you parts to DIY, or you can send him your mirrors for 2x the cost? They use metal gears instead of plastic? Am I thinking about the right company?

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Is Gruvin the company who’s owner is does most of the work in house with a skeleton crew of guys. He will send you parts to DIY, or you can send him your mirrors for 2x the cost? They use metal gears instead of plastic? Am I thinking about the right company?

Sounds right.

I did the diy, good solid instructions on the site and youtube.

The youtube vid didn't go very far into detail about a mod they suggest you make to one of the metal parts that you don't replace.

Hardest part was getting the housings separated, and then making sure you get it together correctly if you don't pay special attention to the direction of the arrow when you dissemble... lol

But yes, they do offer it as a service, diy, or a core return deal.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Gruvin also sells those metal heater core t's.
Where the pastic ones are known to get brittle with age and burst.

I actually lost the heater hose end this summer.

Cooked my brand new engine a bit.

My AFR bar code on my passenger side head has a little yellowing from the heat now...

3k heads nearly destroyed due to a fkn plastic part...
Thanks GM!!

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the filter in mine many moons ago, but I still get this very dirty smell switching between AC and vent.
Need to clean the evaporator one of these days.

Pick up one of these - eBay item # 144208517264

Make sure to have some sort of drip pan under the filter area when you spray the aerosol cleaner up on those fins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsheyden10

Latest posts