What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked the battery voltage this afternoon (haven't driven it today at all) and it's at 11.74V now but the temp is a good 25 degrees warmer than yesterday so... inconclusive. I also unplugged all of the vampires in the power sockets last night.

Down8

Reaction score
Which radio did you get? Have a link?

X2, I'm already liking the power/volume/tune buttons.

This is the one I got:
www.amazon.com/dp/B0CM2SRCVD

I also grabbed this camera ($10):
www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7LM1B68

But had to get some power/RCA extensions b/c it is meant for a car, not a large SUV. Therefore I haven't installed the camera, yet.

This is the one I wanted (literally twice the price):
www.amazon.com/dp/B09HCG6ZR6/

I had to find the code to get into factory settings (000000) to turn down the amp a little (75%) so level 1 isn't still a bit loud. I am also working on how to change the steering wheel controls, as they don't work exactly like I expect. Otherwise, I've been able to find and change whatever I needed/wanted to. [RSE doesn't yet work, but I know I'll need an adapter to get that working.]

-bZj

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked the battery voltage this afternoon (haven't driven it today at all) and it's at 11.74V now but the temp is a good 25 degrees warmer than yesterday so... inconclusive. I also unplugged all of the vampires in the power sockets last night.
that's a chunk lower than I would be comfortable with, I think most autoparts storeS could load test it for you in the parking lot

Last edited:

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a chunk lower than I would be comfortable with, I think most autoparts stored could load test it for you in the parking lot
FWIW, my voltage was slightly (11.9v) higher than what you saw and I choose to replace the battery. In my case, starting was sluggish and REAL SLUGGISH in cold weather. I travel too often and leave my truck while out of town so didnt want to come home to a surprise wait for roadside after flying/traveling most of the day.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a chunk lower than I would be comfortable with, I think most autoparts storeS could load test it for you in the parking lot

FWIW, my voltage was slightly (11.9v) higher than what you saw and I choose to replace the battery. In my case, starting was sluggish and REAL SLUGGISH in cold weather. I travel too often and leave my truck while out of town so didnt want to come home to a surprise wait for roadside and flying/traveling most of the day.
Thanks gents. Good call. I’ll put in on a proper charge overnight and see where we land through the week with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1