What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should be changing it myself but I am lazy and usually manage to make a mess or strip the bolt, or you name it.
I will do tons of other stuff when I have time to go run for parts because shit just never goes smooth for me.

something as simple as a oil change is all it takes haha

Last edited:
Reaction score
because i may be placing the meter in a sweet spot with the open slats, a better test would involve a more controlled environment. If i build a funnel to about a 4" hole then I can get a reading for either one more accurately. I have plenty of cardboard and tape.
I personally think the slots will catch more air but that's just my brain seeing big open slots versus small holes
So you're saying a funnel on the meter side, I thought you meant on the fan side, lol

Chevymec

Reaction score
We are headed to Ohio soon so I have had some repairs to do to the Tahoe. Changed the oil, transfer case fluid and output seal, both rear jounce bumpers, replaced the ac cycling switch, and the ac high pressure fitting. As I was leaving work my passenger headlight quit.... again. Pigtail burnt up. Luckily I just ordered 2 new GM headlights and I put those in when I got home. Also replaced the rear bowtie emblem.

Attachments

• 20240703_171305.jpg
    20240703_171305.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 3

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the suspension compressor on the 2012, performed the ALC relearn, and discovered that my rear brakes were down to metal on the drivers side. Never had that happen before because I check them often. But it was the bottom end of the inboard pad, or I would’ve seen it. I heard the squeal of the pad sensor on our trip home, but that’s at the top end of the pad. Anyway, I installed new pads and rotors and thankfully no leaks from the axle seals were noted.

IMG_0181.jpeg
IMG_0189.jpeg

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the suspension compressor on the 2012, performed the ALC relearn, and discovered that my rear brakes were down to metal on the drivers side. Never had that happen before because I check them often. But it was the bottom end of the inboard pad, or I would’ve seen it. I heard the squeal of the pad sensor on our trip home, but that’s at the top end of the pad. Anyway, I installed new pads and rotors and thankfully no leaks from the axle seals were noted.

View attachment 431744
View attachment 431745
Since your pads wore unevenly, did you make sure the slide pins were cleaned up and lubed?
And did you check the piston for corrosion tht could be causing uneven pressure application?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since your pads wore unevenly, did you make sure the slide pins were cleaned up and lubed?
And did you check the piston for corrosion tht could be causing uneven pressure application?
Yes on lubing the slide pins - standard procedure when I do brakes. The calipers are of course suspect, but it’s been a dry country car all of its life before coming to VA, and once here has never been driven in snow or on salted roads. All of the hardware was clean and with a wash could pass as new. The piston is phenolic so won’t rust, and looked to be in good shape. All the same, I’ll keep an eye on them for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tremek