What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about to Bata test some of the first sodium pouch cells in the country.

Attachments

• PXL_20240929_152432016.jpg
    PXL_20240929_152432016.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240929_152601111.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240929_152601111.MP.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 3

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
each generation of these trucks has reduced visibility, the T2's you may as well not even have a rear window, you might have a shoe box sized view.
all because of "federal regulations" the pillars have to meet certain standards with each new generation.
it's one of the things that kept me from even buying a 900 for a good while
I agree, visibility to the rear quarters is horrible.
Around town they love angled parking on the street and it is horrible to try and back out and look through that portion of the vehicle.
I always have to use my camera to double check if anyone is coming down the street.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This socket: https://www.autozone.com/test-scan-...-oxygen-sensor-socket/1266606_0_0?spps.s=3218

And, I was lucky to already have this ratchet:

Looks like I already have everything I need to swap them when the time comes.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, visibility to the rear quarters is horrible.
Around town they love angled parking on the street and it is horrible to try and back out and look through that portion of the vehicle.
I always have to use my camera to double check if anyone is coming down the street.
That’s a real challenge with thecopcar. Thethirdtwin has a rear camera and the corner collision sensors. Visibility still sucks otherwise.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get one in 1/2", and then also get a 3/8" breaker bar to spare my 3/8" ratchet. It's a 15 year old trooper that has held up to every hammer blow I've dealt it.

those ratchets are rebranded in a few different names. I have the gear wrench set. if you need the 1/2 it's worth picking up the set. the 1/4in is very good too. it feels like a good valve per dollar, I have a set at work and home.

GEARWRENCH 4 Piece Flex Handle Ratchet Set 84T | 81230A-07 https://a.co/d/3Nl0th1

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, I've al
That’s a real challenge with thecopcar. Thethirdtwin has a rear camera and the corner collision sensors. Visibility still sucks otherwise.

I've backed into two things in the Tahoe.
I'm pretty sure I never backed into anything before that. Head on sure, but not backing up!

Parking assist doesn't help because it's too slow and I already learned to ignore it. (now removed!)
Sideview mirrors can't see what the outside of turn is backing into.
Camera field of view too narrow..

I back up real cautiously now.. and still worry..

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, I've al

I'm pretty sure I never backed into anything before that. Head on sure, but not backing up!

Parking assist doesn't help because it's too slow and I already learned to ignore it. (now removed!)

I grew up diving sports cars with zero rear visibility long before back up cams and sensors. I found doing a quick walk back and look at the area your going to back out or into of makes all the difference. gives a quick reference of what you gotta avoid.

at work they force us to wheel chock the rear passanger tire everytime you get out of anything. forces you do a walk around. Supposed to always have a guide person anytime backing up too, but unless it's something with zero visibility, no one really does it. even thou it's your job if you run into the wrong thing and video shows you didn't find a guide person.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, I've al

Agree on the Park Assist. The Collision Avoidance reacts better in that situation.

Also more $hit to break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mfried423