What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the "Temu Kit" arrived so here's a short review

View attachment 440767
Feels very sturdy and high quality, fits right in. Price was rather high in comparison to the other stuff so my guess is more resources went into making a quality finishView attachment 440768
Just a tiny bit wider diameter, rougher grooves. Less slippy but the finish feels a bit cheap in your hand. Once in place you'll forget they are not original in no time. View attachment 440769new one is to the leftView attachment 440770
View attachment 440772Almost identical, feels like ABS plastic, fits right in but you gotta look out for that groove slot, it will only fit in in one direction. Can't be removed after installing unless you want to buy new ones
The organizer looks great.
I may just get one but I do like to keep my EDC in the console when it's not on me, the organizer would hinder access.
Or, I'll just have to keep it somewhere else.

Pandabird

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I may just get one but I do like to keep my EDC in the console when it's not on me, the organizer would hinder access.
Or, I'll just have to keep it somewhere else.
We went to the movies yesterday, one of the slots are perfect for a small sized popcorn bucket though you will lose that armrest. So it does provide some snack-time potential. Other than that it's nice being able to put your phone and wallet away without having to fidget around in the void when arriving at the store. I tend to keep a bunch of hand tools and manuals in there, the space is great but it gets messy. Come to think of it, a flat sheet of plastic on top of that and it could be kinda nifty for sharing fries with the passenger after a drive-thru.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll love it for all the little junk... money pens knife flashlight receipts tools keys charging crap.
There is still good bit of space underneath to store..

But if you frequently need to pull it out, maybe add on a handle or grip of some sort..

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mucked around with the rig for a couple hours while the air temps were warm.

I had ordered that steering rack stiffening kit off Amazon, which was mentioned in another post, that comes with a replacement polyurethane bushing for the passenger side, and a stamped steel insert to fill the voids in the two factory bushings on the driver's side.

Problem is that the neither the product description, the parts instructions, or the guy in that other post, mention that its impossible to install the steel insert with the front differential in place. So... F that for today.

ei7qslk.jpg

Anyways while I was down there I swapped harmonic balancers back to the one that was on the old 5.3, which I was lucky enough to have saved before selling the motor.

I had bought an allegedly brand new balancer, in a sealed GM / AC Delco box from a supposedly reputable eBay store, but I suppose the occasional crib deaths are to be expected. The "new" balancer just never seemed smooth, and you could see the belt tensioner moving a ton to compensate for the lack of concentricity on the bad part. What a bummer, but at least it's easy enough to swap the parts with the correct tools. The only fancy tool you need is a Chrysler puller, which I found for like $30 on the Jungle Website.

Pull the old one off, and then use a torch on the mating surface of the new one to get it hotter than a $2 pistol. It'll slide on far enough so you can get the crank bolt threads started enough with a big ratchet or impact gun.

I used a ARP bolt, and it's 100% worth it considering you just need to crank it to 235ft./lbs. and be done with it.

Made a huge difference compared to the "new" balancer.... The serpentine belt tensioner was barely moving at idle after getting all buttoned up.

vHznot2.jpg
1DERlLL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyomingguns

Latest posts