What is gas cap retention lanyard button called?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbooksta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the thing that is supposed to snap into the hole highlighted here to hold the lanyard to the fuel door called?

Bonus points for part # ;)

YukonGasCap.jpg

Colby82

Reaction score
The OEM gas caps I've purchased came with the push clip that holds it to the body. The last one I bought was for my former '97 blazer, looked very similar to the one you have there, and came with the clip. I would check Rock Auto for pictures and part numbers.

OP
OP
D

dbooksta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, if I buy a new fuel cap it comes with the lanyard and clip, but no parts lists even show the clip, much less give it a part number.

I'm assuming the push clip is a standard part, probably used all over the vehicle, and I'd rather buy a bag of those than another gas cap to get one.

mmeachem

Reaction score
Amazon has the cap and retainer for 11 bucks double check if it fits but it should be AC Delco GT231 and i haven't seen the retainer by itself anywhere online.

OP
OP
D

dbooksta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, that's not bad for the whole assembly.

GMPartsDirect.com got back to me and said part number for the retainer clip itself is 10403773.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968