What kind of MPGs are you getting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
6-8 before tune should be around 12 now.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
01 yukon stock wheels and tires....I'm getting around 20 on the highway at about 60-65mph...city mpg is uncertain as I don't pay enough attention to it. but I would say in the 14-15 range.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
01 yukon stock wheels and tires....I'm getting around 20 on the highway at about 60-65mph...city mpg is uncertain as I don't pay enough attention to it. but I would say in the 14-15 range.

Seriously??? What are you doing to get 20 mpg on the highway? I get around 16.5 and I try to take it easy... :shrug:

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I have no clue and I thought it would bring some attention since everyone was getting around the 16-18 range.... I was getting around 17-18 when i bought the thing and replaced my spark plugs and coil pack wires with iridium plugs and just regular wires from advanced auto parts and I think it gave that little bit of extra bump to get my mpg up.....but since we are on the subject if someone would let me know what size gas tank i have I could recalculate my mileage and make sure its accurate...I've been calculating mine with a 23 gallon tank so if its too much larger than that then my numbers are off.
Oh and I drive like a granny when accelerating to the speed limit.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I have no clue and I thought it would bring some attention since everyone was getting around the 16-18 range.... I was getting around 17-18 when i bought the thing and replaced my spark plugs and coil pack wires with iridium plugs and just regular wires from advanced auto parts and I think it gave that little bit of extra bump to get my mpg up.....but since we are on the subject if someone would let me know what size gas tank i have I could recalculate my mileage and make sure its accurate...I've been calculating mine with a 23 gallon tank so if its too much larger than that then my numbers are off.
Oh and I drive like a granny when accelerating to the speed limit.

I have an 01 yuk and my tank is a 26 gl. As for my mpg, I will let you know after my next tank. I'm on my first tank with my new 22's and right now I'm hoping this will not be the norm. I've driven 193 miles and I have a 1/4 of a tank left. Normally at 1/4 of a tank i've gone 250-275. I filled up two friday's ago and put 22.71 gallons in. If I get 225mi out of this tank that wld be 9.9 mpg, 250mi that wld be 11 mpg. Before the 22's i was getting 13-14 city. So again, I will check with my next tank. Getting a BB tune next month, don't know if Justin can tune it to help accomodate for the 22's but I hope so. I should add that I need to get an alignment real bad and that will be next week, this has a slight negative impact on mpgs so not panicing yet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52