what next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoeinOrangecounty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a flowmaster 40 along with a resonator delete on my 2013 5.3l tahoe and it isnt that loud and want to go louder. what is the next step?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard from some folks that gutting your 3rd cat helps with the sound. That cat is unmonitored, and won't affect emissions testing or performance (contrary to a lot of the ill-informed older posts on other forums). It was added (in 2010?) to make all GMT900s CA-compliant, even if they were fine in the other 49 states. There is a Pontiac GTO forum that talked about dyno numbers with/without the 3rd cat, and it was good for about 5hp, which you'll never notice in a 6,000lb vehicle.

Also, Flowmaster stuff is trash, or at least I have yet to hear a good one.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mind dropping a link when u get a chance
don't have a video of a single chamber on a suv myself, you will likely up with drone but that comes hand in hand with "louder"
I had a 2 chamber on my 6.2 for a bit but it sounded like crap wide-open, put it in the wifes 5.3 and it sounds half way decent

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Got a flowmaster 40 along with a resonator delete on my 2013 5.3l tahoe and it isnt that loud and want to go louder. what is the next step?
Speed engineer Longtubes 1 7/8” and if you got a good shop who will pass you then get the catless x pipe with em that should get you where you want to be if not swap the 40 series for a super 10 series
I had 1 7/8” Longtubes no cats 3” exhaust x pipe and duel super 10s to 5” tips and it sounded great
I got the same setup in my Tahoe but with corsa mufflers and it sounds insane
Same setup in my new truck but with a karnage equalizer loop and their series 1 mufflers and it also sounds really good not too loud cruising but you get on it and she opens up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LongBreadMeatGuy