What options are/are not dealbreakers for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im waiting until Chevy decides to install the LZ0 in their SUV’s. i don’t need nor want another pickup parked outside :thumbsup:

Right, so @Stbentoak's point was LZ0 has no superior advantage over the current LM2 Duramax you can get in the Tahoe right now. So ... why wait?

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you wait? You’ll be waiting even longer in 24 And there is absolutely nothing materially far superior on the LZO. Nothing….

Are you suggesting that GM's supply problems will get even worse in 2024 while most manufacturers will improve or that the economy will improve by 2024?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sayin the allocation of diesels to that model year will be low also and many will be ordered and sit for eons like current orders. They will also be restricted by ordering combos that GM will be slow to fulfill. If you can get your hands on one today, there is zero reason not to, unless you really not ready for it….

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ The Yukon XL/ suburban with the 3.0 properly optioned is not an easy find. There are plenty of pickups but the full size is a hard find. Then there are the market prices. If you found what you wanted a bird in the hand is the way to go. GM is a mess, the days of ordering what you want are gone. With interest rates changing rapidly there is no planning a purchase. Now trade values are dropping also...so when that ordered truck finally does get here if ever, your trade is worth less, the interest rate is up, and its a whole different deal than you planned.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm retired, live by myself and usually drive under 200 miles per week.. so it's not like I "need" any new diesel-powered SUV, rather I simply just want a LZ0 fitted Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade in order to scratch that itch :thumbsup:

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on wireless charging, as long as I have wireless Car Play. There are many vehicles out there with Bluetooth but not wireless Car Play/Android Auto. I don't want to have to plug in.
Y
The air ride is helpful for people with disabilities or elderly relatives to get in and out. There used to be a problem with extra accessories breaking, but I think the manufacturers do a much better job with that than they used to. My wife and I keep vehicles a long time and all their bells and whistles still work.
You're gonna have to plug in to keep a meaningful charge in the phone if you're running car play/navigation, etc

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're gonna have to plug in to keep a meaningful charge in the phone if you're running car play/navigation, etc
My phone doesn't have much issue running car play and keeping a good charge. Screen is off so doesn't really use up much juice.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
android auto zaps the phone's battery almost more than if the screen is on and you're watching a video. carplay doesn't have as much of an impact

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My phone doesn't have much issue running car play and keeping a good charge. Screen is off so doesn't really use up much juice.
Same here. I've noticed if you have a decent charge on your phone to start with the wireless charger doesn't have much issue maintaining that charge. If you are low on battery though you're much better off plugging it into one of the charge ports. I get about the same results at home though. My wireless charger on my nightstand takes all night to charge my phone but if I plug into one of the outlets in the kitchen with built in usb it's about an hour from low battery to full charge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austin19