What size e-fan do you have??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasnt planning on getting one anytime soon but I found a guy on craigslist that has a bunch of them laying around in his garage for a good price so I thought that I would snag one. For those of you that have e-fans, I was wondering what size your fan was and how hard it was to install. Any info is appreciated! Thank you

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the fan thread in the general discussion:

IDK if this helps or not, but I ended up with generic e-fans from ebay.

I have a 99 and used a tape to measure out a 34" width. So I figured two 16"'s would be fine. Then I had to make sure that the fans would pump out enough CFM that the mech fan did. I couldn't find any info about stock mechanical fans CFM, so I cheated. I looked at the CFM of the expensive $500+ kits. They were rated at 5500cfm. So I looked on ebay and picked out two 2500CFM 16" fans. I also had to buy a temp controller.

Works like a charm.
More install pics HERE.
picture.jpg

Any fan combo that pumps out at least 5000CFM and fits in a 34" width should work.

CFM is more important than the size as long as they fit on the radiator.

OP
OP
raptorforme93

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you very much! I found these fans but they are just spare parts so I have no way of telling how much air they will move. But then again they are only $25 for the set...

Dlong30

Reaction score
i had the proform ebay fans and took em all about 2-3 months for both to burn up. Your best bet really is to try a junkyard and find a mark VIII or cougar with efans. Mine came off an old buick v8 car and they work great and pull some serious air! my .02

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a fan out of a supercharged cougar. 18" fan running off a 80 amp solenoid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan