What temp does your tahoe run???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
How do you manage between e-fans, and your t-stat? Are you plugging your efan into your harness so your computer can run it, or are you just doing a thermocouple switch in the radiator?

blackfriday490

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About 200 is as high as I've seen it go, as the temperature outside drops though it is obviously not going that high as fast

Last edited:

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
i have a 3 core aluminum radiator. 130 degree high flow t-stat, high flow water pump and i bent the blades on the stock fan to get more air flow.

vanilla_gorilla312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine runs at 155-160 even in the 115 deg. heat in the summer. I have dual electric fans on an oversized aluminum radiator that I swear by. Ive even been tempted to try Engine Ice in my Hoe. I run that in my Honda CRF450x dirtbike radiators and swear by that too. I noticed a big difference compared to running regular antifreeze.

Reaction score
There's 2 thermostats for all 5.7 the 165 and the 185 degree that I know of. Some has either so therefore has lower temp or higher temp. Also changing the thermostats and radiator fluids yearly will help with the MPG on the engine. I know for a fact that when I change the water impeller and thermostats on boats. They do get better MPG for the first few months. When you change your oil with the thermostat and radiator fluid, you'll notice that it'll run a little more cooler. Also with the proper size electric fans, I'm very positive it'll run under 170 degree with all the stuffs change regularly.

vanilla_gorilla312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the other day my temp was all over the place. Running from 150-210. Up and down, up and down. I noticed that it only did that when the heater was on. When I turned it off and turned the temp knob to the cold setting, it went to 150 and stayed there?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925