What to inspect when buying a 2009 Escalade AWD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it only comes with one key -- does anyone have any ideas on the cost of getting a new key from the dealer and if there is any aftermarket alternative?

I bought a generic key off eBay, had it cut at the local Ace hardware, and had a locksmith program it to the truck. It was 5 years ago, but I think it was like $50.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a generic key off eBay, had it cut at the local Ace hardware, and had a locksmith program it to the truck. It was 5 years ago, but I think it was like $50.
+1 to the locksmith for $50.

Or...there is a procedure for programming a new key with no additional tools. And you can program a new fob with the Tech2 that you will buy within the first week of buying your Escalade :)

To program a new key:
1. Insert the existing key into the ignition of the vehicle and turn to the “ON” position.
2. Watch the THEFT light it will go out within 10 to 20 seconds, when it does turn the key to the “OFF” position and remove it from the ignition.
3. Insert the new transponder key into the ignition and turn it to the “ON” position
4. Watch the THEFT light it will go out in the same 10 to 20 seconds, when it does turn the new key to the “OFF” position and remove it from the ignition.
5. Reinsert the key and start the vehicle to confirm the programming has worked.

mikes2nd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that can be expensive right there. 200$?

Here is what i did on my 2007 Escalade.

3 broken exhaust bolts
front axle bushings
Steering angle sensor
Air suspension motor
Rear door handle
Plugs/wires
Dropped oil pan and replaced oil pickup tube gasket(oil pressure was low 27 and under is the lifter killer).

Other misc stuff, headlight replace...

heated drivers seat does not work.

Other thing to look out for is the heater gate

I still have a tick on cold acceleration... cant figure it out but im going to do a oil analysis to make sure no metal in oil... its fine after full warm up.. I think its cracked flexplate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgorabit

Latest posts