What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b-Rent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ill try to make this short...

My wife is currently driving a 06 Hyundai Elantra that has 70,000 miles on it. The car is paid off and actually has an extended warranty up to 100,000 miles. However this car is no longer enough for us. I am currently in talks with a local dealer about trading in this car on a 02 Chevy Tahoe Z71 with 151,000 miles. The Truck is in excellent shape, leather is barely worn and body has very few blemishes. I drove the car today and only noticed a slight pull to the right and a chip in the middle of the windshield. I spoke to the dealer they said they would take the car today to get aligned. Also that they would get a window repair technician out to make sure the chip does not spread to a full blown crack. I just want to know from actual Tahoe owners if this is something they would consider doing after owning a Tahoe previously. Our other car is an 02 Altima if that matters. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
I would have a GM Mechanic look it over if you can afford to pay out of pocket. Things I generally look over, especially with 150K on the clock, is the condition of the transmission, transfercase, axle and its seals, tierods, idler arm and ball joints. I had a 2002 Z71 lifted on 34's and had to do a total front end rebuild with 122K on the clock. I only noticed the front end problem after I lifted the Tahoe.

They are well built trucks and generally easy to maintain, but like every other mechanically operated machine, it's all about it's previous maintenance and how it was driven. Always keep in mind that looks can be deceiving! Good luck and hope it turns out to be in good condition, Tahoe's make great family vehicles :)

Inspirational photo for you (My old Tahoe)

9a713bc3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts