What's the difference between the Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few things that aren't readily seen between the two. Sway bar size, shock numbers, spring tensions, etc. Yukons and GMC as a whole are built a little tougher. Better towing package and load handling.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
well denali's have the 6 speed transmission... will this work with the 4 speed ?

I think once the dealer programs it, it'll change from "PRNDM" to what our Tahoes say, "PRND123". Programming is all it should need.

JimZ

Reaction score
Well first off, all denalis are AWD and 6.2L
Versus a tahoe that can be 2x4 or 4x4 with the 5.3L or the 2009+ has the 6.0/6 speed. It also has the leather stitching on the doors and woodgrain on center console piece versus just the unpainted black piece in the tahoe. They also have nuance leather in the Denali which is much softer/better leather then in the tahoe. It also has a much more attractive steering wheel/lever with the chrome trim and woodgrain/heated option. I'm pretty sure my next vehicle will be a Denali after seeing all the small differences. And they also have the esky bumper that I love.

My 2011 Denali is RWD with the 6.2, not AWD. Other than that, gotta agree!

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no offense to current LTZ owners but.... i traded in my 6 mos '09 old LTZ for a '10 Yukon Denali due to the LTZ feeling a little "low rent", mostly the nuance leather was softer and smells unbelievable (even after a year old), the 6.2, the extra sound deadening and the like. not to mention the darker fake wood and the steering wheel being wood lined and heated.. for a couple grand more you get EVERYTHING.. the next level is much farthr up to the Esky, something that wouldn't fit in where i live anyway. tough economy, people in my neighborhood are hard hit if you catch my drift.

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 2011 Tahoe LTZ. I shopped both the Denali and the Tahoe LTZ. The Denali was going to run me a few grand more, but I did have a great deal worked out no matter which way I went. What it came down to for me was the 4wd system. I like the Tahoe set up better than the Denali AWD system. Not a huge deal for most people. The 6.2 in the Denali had a little more power, but the trade off was the gas mileage, which is still minimal. The way I see it, you can't really go wrong with either vehicle!

Oh... and the Tahoe is better looking!

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 escalade, and the 6.2 liter is nice, not quite as quick as i would like, but then again the whole reason i bought the car was to slow me down. The wood on the doors, center stack and wheel is a nice touch even though its fake. And as far as gas milage goes, i can get in the upper teens if i baby it, 12 if i dont.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is based on personal preference and needs. I looked hard at a Denali before buying my 2011 Tahoe LTZ. The extra cost of the Denali was not an issue. I didn't want the 6.2 as I owned an 02 Yukon and knew the 5.3 was plenty of power for me especially with the added HP of the newer motors and the 6 speed. I also didn't want AWD although technically it is a better system. I don't like the front end of the Yukon and really don't like the black color on the rear pillars and top (wing) of the tailgate no matter which exterior color you get. The interior is nicer but not enough to overcome the other differences. Just my personal preferences.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonygxp said:
no offense to current LTZ owners but.... i traded in my 6 mos '09 old LTZ for a '10 Yukon Denali due to the LTZ feeling a little "low rent", mostly the nuance leather was softer and smells unbelievable (even after a year old), the 6.2, the extra sound deadening and the like. not to mention the darker fake wood and the steering wheel being wood lined and heated.. for a couple grand more you get EVERYTHING.. the next level is much farthr up to the Esky, something that wouldn't fit in where i live anyway. tough economy, people in my neighborhood are hard hit if you catch my drift.

I agree. But one thing... $$$$$$

I was looking for something with < 20k miles. That made 08+ Denali's unfeasible for me since those run $40k+ before TTL. If money was not a factor, i would already have a Denali or Esky. I'm still happy with my LTZ though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat