where did you buy your HD hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pics that actually doesnt look soo bad and it makes me reconsider getting one..how has your hood held up? it is really thin metal or whats your overall opinion on wheater i should get one? btw your yukon is very nice man also love those smooth vents..any other future mods?

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I got my front bumper painted a little while ago, now i just have to get the rear bumper painted. Once its time for new tires I think i'm going to go with 22" tbss reps and probably drop it a little lower.

Overall, I am happy with my hood. The quality of the hood is good, it has held up just fine. There is no part of it in which i think "i sure hope my hood doesnt fall apart when i close it". The only thing that is not perfect is the gaps, but i have never had anybody notice that in person or point it out to me. Its just one of those things that i know is there.

If you bought one that turned out like mine, I think you would be happy. It would really set your truck off on an already great looking truck. Still, i have seen some pics of others from certifit that were awful looking.

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that should look great with some tbss reps i actuallu wanted some of those too. and lower it a bit aswell. alright i had another guy on here who also bought an hd hood from there soo il probbly go and picl one up also and yeaa it really makes it look agreasive but i will do the entire hd front end..thanks for your help man :)

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the looks of the entire hd clip. Guess you can always return it if it doesnt turn out good.

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeaa thats true soo i wouldnt hurt to test it out and see how it fits

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year range would you need to search for to find an HD hood? I am looking to get one as well. Here in Alabama, people throw away trucks and part them out all the time so hopefully I can get my hands on a factory one. I just need to know what years to search.

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sure I'll need the grill as well?

you do not need the grille it is a direct bolt on. but it is optional and imo looks much better but if you do get the grille the stock bumper pad will need modification to make it fit unless you also get the hd bumper pad

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you do not need the grille it is a direct bolt on. but it is optional and imo looks much better but if you do get the grille the stock bumper pad will need modification to make it fit unless you also get the hd bumper pad

Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind. What im wanting to do is get the SS numper and grill with the HD hood. I think itll look good that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsanchezz

Latest posts