Where did you get through the firewall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan1126

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking to run the power for my amps, where did you guys get through? Or am i gonna have to run it under the car along the chassis and then come up through in the cargo area?

96GMCYukonGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
passenger side under the hood take out the rad overflow and theres already a hole where the antena wire runs through. i literaly just came in from doing this on mine

OP
OP
Ryan1126

Ryan1126

Full Access Member
Reaction score
passenger side under the hood take out the rad overflow and theres already a hole where the antena wire runs through. i literaly just came in from doing this on mine

is the hole big enough to fit 0 gauge through?

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
i tapped a hole in the fire wall its not that hard u just gotta b careful mine is on the driverside mine can fit 0 gauge but im running 4 and just a little advice do a big 3 upgrade if ur going to be running alotta power through ur subs

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

it helps trust me

96GMCYukonGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more then big enough could probably fit 2 0 gauge wires through

OP
OP
Ryan1126

Ryan1126

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tapped a hole in the fire wall its not that hard u just gotta b careful mine is on the driverside mine can fit 0 gauge but im running 4 and just a little advice do a big 3 upgrade if ur going to be running alotta power through ur subs

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

it helps trust me
oh i plan to do the big 3.

more then big enough could probably fit 2 0 gauge wires through

i never found this hole...

mrrairai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always ran mine under the vehicle. Cover it with loom and zip tie them.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine across the top of the firewall, covered with a loom, so it looks like it goes with the factory wiring, and into the car by the grommet that's near the drivers side. Then run along the drivers side of the car under the rear passenger seat...

Stereolab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I could not find any free pre-existing hole on the firewall of any reasonable size. Anyways I have 10 runs of 1/0 gauge so I ran them under the car. Some of them I ran inside the frame rails themselves, very convenient...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rongomer