Where have you guys mounted your backup camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AFYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a quick search on the Google and forum and couldn't really find anything. Where are you guys mounting your backup camera? I would prefer to not get the license plate camera and have it more stock looking.

02YukDenXL

Reaction score
I have a hopkins smart hitch system. Its on my license plate but it doesn't look bad at all. Great for hooking up to a trailer by myself. And making sure no one is behind me (I have three kids).

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I had the same concerns about where to mount it. I bought one at Costco which goes on the license plate. Hardly looks OEM but the trade off will be in the function it provides. I haven't installed it yet. I'm still hoping to find a better one that's a bit more subtle looking.

Brake_L8

Reaction score
I have a license plate camera, which is "fine" given it cost all of $10 from Amazon. Great to hook up trailers and parallel park in tighter spots.

The first camera I purchased could only be mounted offset and thus wasn't centered, which makes it kind of useless. I kept it though, and was thinking it could be cool to mount up front somehow for use when pulling forward in a tight spot.

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
i will try and find the pic again but the best one i have seen is one that is mounted in the U brace just above where the receiver is. this is the cleanest install as no one can see it yet it gives you a perfect view for backing and hooking anything up. this is how i'm going to be mounting mine. esky EC170 on amazon has the pic.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will try and find the pic again but the best one i have seen is one that is mounted in the U brace just above where the receiver is. this is the cleanest install as no one can see it yet it gives you a perfect view for backing and hooking anything up. this is how i'm going to be mounting mine. esky EC170 on amazon has the pic.

That's exactly where I have mine mounted

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The night vision works great until you swap your license plate lights to led. They were bright enough to trick the camera so the night vision would deactivate.

I have barn doors and mine is mounted in the key hole.
Not in this picture but you can see where I'd would be

View media item 21595

Kain452004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put mine right on the bumper lip going up where it meets the rear hatch..

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have mine in the 1" gap between the bumper cover and the bottom of the door. it is tucked about 1/8" in so it hardly ever gets rain on it. it is also very hidden and clean. i have it at an angle and it sees my trailer hitch perfect and all of the road that i need for backing up.

1a61683d.jpg

3e73e7e9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa