Where have you guys mounted your backup camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Has anybody thought about mounting the camera in the rear window button spot?

Johnb21

Reaction score
center of license plate...was the easiest place I could find. I have a round camera that came with a hole saw and collar for mounting into a flat surface.

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody thought about mounting the camera in the rear window button spot?

Got my backup camera in the mail today. Interface to the OEM nav screen won't be here until tomorrow, and the install probably won't happen until this weekend. I'd considered mounting in the rear window button spot, but I don't want to lose the ability to open the glass and relocating the button and mechanism looked like more trouble than it was worth.

Ultimately I went with this one (https://amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01COZLP2U/) based on its price and reviews. Once I get around to the install I'll do a write-up of what all was necessary and my thoughts on this specific camera. I'm going back and forth between mounting under the edge of the hatch versus in the hitch. I figure I'll try both locations and see which one gives me the best angle/view.

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody used any of the wireless option cameras? It has two inputs to the screen. Does anyone know if you can add an extra camera there to have one mounted on a camper and on the license plate of the truck?

IMG_1822.PNG

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody installed the type above without wires? Wondered how good they work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou