Which 2" or 3" rear spring to level an 03 2wd Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viperbluelx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put 22's on my wife's 03 2wd 5.3 Tahoe and now it's more obvious how the rear sits high. I don't want to do anything at all to the front I just want it to sit level. Do I need a 2" or 3" rear drop spring and which brand is recommended that will work with the stock shocks? Thanks!

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 22's on my wife's 03 2wd 5.3 Tahoe and now it's more obvious how the rear sits high. I don't want to do anything at all to the front I just want it to sit level. Do I need a 2" or 3" rear drop spring and which brand is recommended that will work with the stock shocks? Thanks!

3" Is going to put you closer than the 2" will. However, if the spring settles over time you might be sitting lowert than 3" with a 3" spring. So personally I would reccomend a 2" spring.

As far as brand, look into Belltech, MG's, and some others that I can't seem to remeber.

OP
OP
V

viperbluelx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3" Is going to put you closer than the 2" will. However, if the spring settles over time you might be sitting lowert than 3" with a 3" spring. So personally I would reccomend a 2" spring.

As far as brand, look into Belltech, MG's, and some others that I can't seem to remeber.

Thanks, I found the Eibach Pro-kit 2" drop for $159 at Autozone with free shipping so I went that route.

OP
OP
V

viperbluelx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I certainly hope these are going to settle. My Eibach Pro-kit 2" lowering springs dropped the rear 1/2". :(

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VIPER do yourself a favor pull the shocks off the rear axle just to see takes 5 minutes if the rear end comes down more. I used to sell eibach never again.

fro 2 inch drop I use the djm springs and for 3-4 i use the belltech. anything else you have questions on just hollar [email protected] or call 24/7 415 519 2432 im allways around to help

OP
OP
V

viperbluelx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
VIPER do yourself a favor pull the shocks off the rear axle just to see takes 5 minutes if the rear end comes down more. I used to sell eibach never again.

fro 2 inch drop I use the djm springs and for 3-4 i use the belltech. anything else you have questions on just hollar [email protected] or call 24/7 415 519 2432 im allways around to help

I can try pulling the shocks, but I don't have the autoride or anything. These Eibach's were the exact same height as my stock springs, which is odd, although they are progressive rate.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
doesnt hurt to try. The 2 inch eibach springs allways gave less drop then advertised. You might have to switch it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty

Latest posts