Which Car Alarm Would Be Best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
draft_lens4121492module28097492photo_1240009552trunkmonkey3.jpg

[yt]Ee3L9BQQ4Gs[/yt]

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what ever you do end up buying if you want to get it installed professionally, you can go to best buy and they will price match as long its something they carry, and its from legit websites not ebay i got mine price matched from sonicelectronix and saved 250.
i would go will viper good brand i like it (mine is 5901) and best buy will offer lifetime protection on it.

I didn't know professionally and Best Buy could go in the same sentence. The Best Buy here is a hackinshack.

YUKON1999

Reaction score
yeh they forgot to put my light bulb back into the reflector in my drivers door but i took them all out and put leds in so it didnt bother me but yeh some bestbuys i have been to have been pretty crappy but i have no complaints about my alarm install

OP
OP
A

AnothaMexican

Reaction score
So I decided to go with the viper 5704v alarm and a pioneer AVH-X5500BHS 7 inch screen stereo. The truck came with the regular oem deck so I decided that while they have the dash already gutted I might as well replace the deck. I was able to save some cash by doing that. I`m just waiting to get my truck back from the install place. Ill post pics when I get it back.

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I decided to go with the viper 5704v alarm and a pioneer AVH-X5500BHS 7 inch screen stereo. The truck came with the regular oem deck so I decided that while they have the dash already gutted I might as well replace the deck. I was able to save some cash by doing that. I`m just waiting to get my truck back from the install place. Ill post pics when I get it back.

cool waiting on feedback for you to see how you like your viper 5704v. I have the same alarm and it's bad ***.

OP
OP
A

AnothaMexican

Reaction score
cool waiting on feedback for you to see how you like your viper 5704v. I have the same alarm and it's bad ***.

This alarm is pretty cool. I've had other viper/clifford 2-way alarms in other vehicles I've owned and this one stands above those. I like the versatility of this alarm especially the option of using the same remote for another vehicle. I'm still learning how to navigate through the 2-way remote keeping in mind that I can easily de-program it if I'm not careful. In the 2 days I've had it, I feel confident that my truck is secure. I live in an not so friendly area but I don't worry about if I locked my truck or not because I can just look down at my remote screen and see if I locked it or not or if someone is tampering with it. I also like the fact that I don't have to change batteries and just recharge the remote when it runs low. The only 2 problems I see is that my stereo also turns on when I use the remote start feature but that could be the installer who hooked up that feature. The other problem is that the remote is too sensitive. That's based upon the reviews I've read on other sites but I will see for myself. I will keep adding to my review as time goes on both good and bad aspects of this alarm.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts