which pac adapter do i need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
hey guys i have an 01 yukon slt and i was under the impression i just need to get the basic wiring harness to change the headunit out but when i went to check out some stuff at car toys the tech came out and looked through my truck and said that even though it doesnt say it anywhere that i have the bose system.. this seems odd because none of the speakers or stock cd player have bose markings. how can i tell if this is true and if so do i need the more expensive pac adapter?

HAYN_HO

Reaction score
did the tech look at the factory amp? im not sure how tahoes are behind the headunit to just know if its a bose or not it might just have the brand name stamped behind the headunit..tahoes are a new game for me i was always building cars and i installed car audio for 3.5 years before joining the military OK anyways

the more expensive PAC if you do have a bose system enables you to retain your factory speakers,sub,etc. and also allows you to keep your onstar and all your chimes like your door open, headlights on, key in ignition, etc., so basically it allows you to integrate all your factory stuff
buy the cheaper one and you now pretty much lose all of that and then you gotta more than likely buy new speakers and manually hook up all the speakers your self if you plan on keeping the stock bose speakers and everything else atleast for awhile i would just buy the more expensive adapter and make your life easier :party33:

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
im going to keep the speakers for a little bit just untill i can get some better ones. and theres an amp behind my glovebox which he showed me but i dont see bose on anything not the headunit the amp or the speakers/sub.

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
you do not have bose.. you have the premium 9 speaker system. all you need is a metra 70-1858 and remember to hook up the amp trigger lead. should be pink in secondary harness at the deck.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
awesome thank you i knew that guy had no idea what he was talking about he kept saying he would have to rewire a bunch of stuff i knew it was all a bunch of bs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts