Who has installed a lockpick gen 6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckylesworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am about to install a lockpick gen 6 in my 08 tahoe ltz. I was wondering if anyone here had done that before. I watched the install video on coastals website and it leads you to believe there is a perfect place to locate the box under the radio. But I read an article of an install by an individual and it said they had to cut out a place for it. I would like to know for sure, because I might not be able to do it myself if that is true.

Last edited:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I installed my PXAMG, there was a perfect spot for it to sit and mount above the radio, however the device's harness got in the way. Since the lockpick is a very similar device, you may end up finding the same problem, if it comes with a new harness.

I ended up putting my devices (PXAMG and Bluetooth) inside the glovebox. It still turned out to be a very clean install.

Good luck and enjoy your lockpick!

OP
OP
C

ckylesworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it installed in less than 30 min and works flawlessly so far. Havent messed with the gps much yet, just the movie part and it is nice.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder, do you think I could install it and run it simultaneously with the PXAMG I have plugged into the radio?

OP
OP
C

ckylesworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that an ipod thing? I dont know if they could work together or not. Coastaletech makes an ipod lockpick too, thats what I have. It plugs into the xm radio box behind the glovebox, it takes 1 min to install.

If you order them together you save $50 which is half off of the ipod lockpick almost. Thats what I did.

http://coastaletech.com/GM_IPOD_LOCKPICK.htm

IrishTR

Reaction score
Mine is sitting at home waiting for me to get back stateside. I too got the Gen 6 and IPOD Lockpick. Look forward to my first mod on the Denali :)

Snomon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No the PXAMG and Ipod Lockpick cannot coexist. I've tried because I wanted to add HD radio to my existing factory head unit + ipod lockpick.

OP
OP
C

ckylesworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, it works great and you still have xm. Although I am having to send my gen-6 lockpick back. Every time I watch a movie, it locks the gps up. On the screen the car stays in one place and only goes in circles. I called coastal and they said to send it back for a replacement. I just took the fuse out for the radio and put it back and it fixed it but it has done it twice so I think there is something wrong with the unit its self.

IrishTR

Reaction score
Hey CKyles any update? I just got mine installed and I think Im having the same issue with NAV doesnt seem to be tracking and of course I didnt test prior to installation so not sure if its normal, if it is GM NAV is a POS compared to my Acura!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby