who has installed the viper 5701

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
who here has installed the viper 5701 alarm on their ride.

my local places have terrible reviews and all i'm left with is best buy.

i'm really good with wiring and repair work.... i just need help with directions specific to the tahoe....

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my shop 10 hours to install. Dont know if they just had troubles but If its that complicated, I probably couldnt do it. There where a few threads a while back where people where going to put them in themselves. Might wanna check those out and shoot a pm to one of them. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy that came and did mine was here less than 40 minutes. If you were close to OH, I was going to PM you his number.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy that came and did mine was here less than 40 minutes. If you were close to OH, I was going to PM you his number.

Damn! Your guy must have known what he was doing. Or the guy that did mine was a little slow lol. Did you have anything extra put in?

mech5700

Reaction score
It took my guys probably half a day to do, but then I ended up takin it back about 3 times for different issues each time. turned out i had a bad unit at first, but by the third time i was out there with the guy and was basically reviewing wiring and found out he made a mistake so I'm pretty sure this one ain't easy...

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask around at work, church, wherever, see where people have gone. Not all the installers around can be bad ones. Even if you have to drive an hour to the next town over

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! Your guy must have known what he was doing. Or the guy that did mine was a little slow lol. Did you have anything extra put in?

Nothing extra...the guy that did the install looked like Edward Scissorhands trimming the hedges. I don't think it hurt that he drove an Escalade and knew the wiring like the back of his hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou