Who has the highest miles thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayte184

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Denali with 82,000, bought her in 2008 with 68,000.. Fuel pump about a year ago and regular maintenance... Still running strong

gbert06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2000 nbs

256,500 mi...I always use 5Qts Castrol 5w-30 synthetic and a Qt of Lucas. I use wix or k&n oil filters. She still runs like a dream. I Take her to Dallas every couple of months. around 800miles round trip. She uses about half a Qt every 5000miles only because of a small oil pan leak. Other than that shes perfect.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
256,500 mi...I always use 5Qts Castrol 5w-30 synthetic and a Qt of Lucas. I use wix or k&n oil filters. She still runs like a dream. I Take her to Dallas every couple of months. around 800miles round trip. She uses about half a Qt every 5000miles only because of a small oil pan leak. Other than that shes perfect.

What year is yours? Replaced trans or anything?

gbert06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's a 2000 new body style. LS 5.3. Same engine block. Previous owner said it was the original transmission. Although i cant prove it, the fluid was nasty with more than normal shavings in the pan when I replaced both shift solenoids last weekend. Shifts smooth. Previous owner put in a bosch fuel pump and re-did the frontend along with a waterpump. Last year I replaced the a/c compressor and put in a remote start/alarm/keyless entry system and hid's. This year I replaced front and rear rotors/pads and dropped in a magnaflow exhaust. Surprisingly enough everything works as it should.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Thanks. Mines got both original trans and motor as far as I know. I think my trans needs a little tune up as shifting in 4th on freeway stutters a little when it's winter time.

gbert06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh really?? Use a bottle of Trans-X. That stuff works wonders. I put in a bottle when i did my solenoids. Sounds like it just needs a basic trans flush and filter change. I believe there is a control solenoid also. I should have done that one on mine but completely forgot.

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta 99 Yukon slt with 243,000 miles on her and although she can use some tlc, she still sounds like a sewing machine at idle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968