Why couldn't the drivers window be auto up as well?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Yeah, that's how it works alright. It doesn't cost much to add, but the domestic makers have always been more gun-shy over liability than the Europeans or Japanese. You have to set the trigger level low enough that it will never hurt anybody, ever, and high enough that it will always get the window fully closed every time. The domestics tend to ask a lot more "what if?" questions and worry about a wider range of conditions. Then there is the quality issue: if you have variability in window and weatherstrip fit, then the range of current draw gets wider and it is harder to find a gap between high enough and low enough. So anyway, that's why you don't have it.

007fl

Reaction score
Hmmm, my wifes '05 Mustang has auto up.....
Actually the safety thing is built into your windows now. If the window is obstructed it reverses and goes back down. I put a Window Valet module on the '03 Vette and can make it's windows go up and down with the fob.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 07 Dodge Nitro for a company car, and it had auto down and auto up for both front windows from the drivers seat. And that's a pretty inexpensive car. I think it's BS these don't have it, especially on the Denali.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well now that we kno sum of the cars that have it would it be hard to transfer the switch or add it in?

hoserty

Reaction score
You dont even need a factory module just grab an aftermarket one from DEI/Viper easy to hook up you ave to run wires into every door that you want express up on though but they work pretty good.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

here is a link to a standalone unit that can be used with or without an alarm....

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=315

jdub5256

J-DUB
Reaction score
Yeah i wish my HOE had auto up that would be great. I am spoiled when i drive the grand cherokee around cause driver and pass window is auto up / down

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on the switches. I have Denali switches in mine and that added the auto down feature for the passenger windows. I think if you add the Escalade switches, you'll get auto-up.

Last edited:

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 07' SRX had them auto up all four doors.. so there goes the "liability" guess.. they're just so friggin cheap.. and they still went bankrupt? makes you scratch your head.. Have auto up on my new Ram as well.. do they pickups have them? my 08' sierra didn't?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will look in my dad's 2010 Sierra tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it won't have auto-up. I think that is a Cadillac "luxury feature", so you'd have to change all your switches to Escalade ones. Which I hope nobody does, because then their dash wood wouldn't match their switch wood. Lmao, unless you can swap the actual wood pieces but keep the switches/computer inside...maybe that's my next project! Lol

hightech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it definetly isnt a safety issue, our 2007 GMC Acadia has auto up on both front windows, seems odd the 07 denali doesnt dont you think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968