Will it work or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99hillbilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I am a new one to this forum and I am wanting to know something on the 4L60E. My towha is a 99 and the trans will not work unless I put it in D2. BUt then I know it will only run through the 1st and second gears. So I have now a 97 trans from a tahoe, pulled it out myself from the you pull it yard. Will the tranny still work coming from an older towha? And also will I have to order the shift kit for the 97 or are they the same ?

Reason being is I am getting ready to go up north when a buddy of mine brings his flatbed down and load the towha up and headed north to swap the trannys out....

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Computers are the same afaik, and should be a swap in fix. Provided the replacement tranny is any good, of course.

OP
OP

99hillbilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it looks like I will be doing this swap in my own garage due to funds to get it up to my friends house. I got my shift kit and now all I have to do is get the trans filter kit and fluid and maybe some seals to put in the donor tranny before I do the swap. I am really not looking forward to this, I HATE working on the ground and especially under a truck on your back taking a tranny out....oh boy the joy.....NOT!!!:emotions122:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But he spelled it right here:

So I have now a 97 trans from a tahoe

It must be some dirty south slang. Like calling it a Hoe or a Kon ...

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I'm from the "dirty" but never heard that term before...maybe he was drinking?

OP
OP

99hillbilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No thats what I call my tahoe...I had to tow my tahoe...get it....lol

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thats what I call my tahoe...I had to tow my tahoe...get it....lol

:think: Not really but may be I came in on the short bus this morning :shrug:

How do you turn "tow your tahoe" into towha?? :think: Wouldn't that be more like towhoe??

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx