Will it work or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

99hillbilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks 07burb.... well off I go to get a bigger pry bar....no air tools is really making it more a pain in the ass....

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I have the tahoe on car ramps and in the start of doing the tranny swap. I have the front and rear drive shafts out. I have the t-case unbolted from the tranny but now I am stuck. In order for me to get the t-case down it looks like I have to remove the crossmember. Right? Or not? Because if so the bolts/nuts are really on there good and frickin tight.

Oh and ya I am finding alot of broken parts while doing this. Broken dogbone on drivers side and a transmount bushing fell apart and also a broken sensor on the side of the tranny that has plugs going into it, I dont know the name fopr it but it looks expensive....

Nothing on these are really "expensive" unless you are talking hardened shafts or something ...

Here is where I get all my trans parts:

http://www.bulkpart.com

If that electrical connector is the one where the gear selector is, it's about $50 ...

OP
OP

99hillbilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
half way done

Well after about 4 hours I have the tranny out.... thats a job now....working on the ground trying to muscle that damn thing out... well atleast my girlfriend was there helping me when she could....she took off the tranny pan to drain the fluid out and cleaned the pan and put it back on while I was up top in some weird positions trying to finaggle my hand and wrench to get the top bolts out from the tranny....

OP
OP

99hillbilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it looks like I am going to have to sell some tires I have in order to buy my parts for the tranny..... off I go to the for sale forum part

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Well dammit... I cannot use the for sale section yet... 33x12.50-15 for sale still in really good shape has almost half inch of tread on them if anyone is interested...

OP
OP

99hillbilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
oh no?

Ok I have got a chance to compare my tranny to the one that I got to put it in and they are different. The tranny I got to replace mine has a removable shroud on the bellhousing and the bellhousing is not removable, to where the one I took out of the tahoe has a removable bellhousing. Is this gonna work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts