Window Tint...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is how mine looks in the daytime with 25 on back and 35 on front....it's just too light for me. I found a guys who can go over my current tint without removing anything that will give me the look that I want....I'm gonna go with 5% on the back and 20% on the front.

Oh and I just put the 24s on there today....has a little rub when I turn but it's not bad at all.

You end up going with my tire size? looks great from what I can see.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how mine looks in the daytime with 25 on back and 35 on front....it's just too light for me. I found a guys who can go over my current tint without removing anything that will give me the look that I want....I'm gonna go with 5% on the back and 20% on the front.

Oh and I just put the 24s on there today....has a little rub when I turn but it's not bad at all.

Going over a layer of aftermarket tint could lead to a lot of bubbles. Just rip off the old tint and go 5% in the front.

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
I'm going take out the old and go with 20% on the front and just double up the back with 5%. Today I saw one job that he did by going over the factory tint in the back and it looks perfect, no bubbles at all. I should have took a pic of it today.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went over the factory tint in the rear too but I was referring to the two front windows. They could have issues if it already has a previous layer of tint on it.

bigmalof00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Before you shell out the $ for all windows to be done, if you have the time, just get the 2 fronts done see how you like it then if you dont get the rest done?

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
Before you shell out the $ for all windows to be done, if you have the time, just get the 2 fronts done see how you like it then if you dont get the rest done?

Yes I did about a month ago and got 35% on the front which is what I don't like right now and why I want to change. I'm definitely getting 20% on the front now but I wasn't sure if I wanted to redo the back as well or just leave it at 25%.

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is a well known tint shop then just ask them to match the rear factory and they should know which tint percentage to use.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

305/35/24, And I would just take the stock tint off and do all the windows 20% only if you wanna match if not then just throw 20% on the Front since it's already lighter than the back since 5% is out of the question even though it would look amazing.

The "stock" tint is the actual glass there is no film on there like a tint shop uses, so u cant remove, but you can tint over it for a darker look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
[/COLOR]

The "stock" tint is the actual glass there is no film on there like a tint shop uses, so u cant remove, but you can tint over it for a darker look.[/QUOTE]

You're right...it is on the glass so it's not actual tint. In that case I'm getting 5% on the back so it'll be as dark as possible. Thanks for pointing that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate