Window Tint...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]

The "stock" tint is the actual glass there is no film on there like a tint shop uses, so u cant remove, but you can tint over it for a darker look.

You're right...it is on the glass so it's not actual tint. In that case I'm getting 5% on the back so it'll be as dark as possible. Thanks for pointing that out.[/QUOTE]

It's tinted glass. I believe its 35% so if you go with 5%, it'll be equal to 2%.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep in mind that when adding 5% to your rear windows it will be more like 3-4% but again I would just talk to the tint shop.

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
2-4% would work for me. I want the rear as dark as possible. I might just leave my front at 35% after doing that because I'm sure it'll make my front look darker as well.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2-4% would work for me. I want the rear as dark as possible. I might just leave my front at 35% after doing that because I'm sure it'll make my front look darker as well.

Look at my truck. That's 35% on the front and 15% over stock tint in the rear. I have no windshield strip. That'll give you an idea of what it'll look like. I'm going to lower my front to 15% though. It's not legal here but the 35% is too light imo. But it is noticeable darker in the cabin and harder to see at night.

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
Look at my truck. That's 35% on the front and 15% over stock tint in the rear. I have no windshield strip. That'll give you an idea of what it'll look like. I'm going to lower my front to 15% though. It's not legal here but the 35% is too light imo. But it is noticeable darker in the cabin and harder to see at night.

Can you post a bigger picture of it?

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ad8571c2-4b86-53e2.jpg

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put 20% on the factory tint and 5% on the front two windows...matches perfect. I didn't get my back gate glass tinted all cause I still wanted to be able to see behind me at night. It worked out perfect cause the rest of the truck is so dark that you definitely don't need the back glass to not be tinted so that you can still see when backing up and what not.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

20% is legal for MS on the front windows but :flipthebird: the PO PO!!!

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't think so. You'll still have a ton of light coming through the windshield, and that will lighten up the front more than the rear. That, and having the rear a lot darker than the fronts will make the fronts look lighter by contrast.

I didn't do anything to the factory-tinted rear windows, and I think I have 20% on the front (it could be 35% -- I really don't remember). Whatever it is, it's a perfect match, which is what I was after.

Attachments

• IMG_1729.jpg
    IMG_1729.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 61

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The factory tint is 20% IIRC, if you want it to match then put 20% on the front windows and wont tell the slight difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate