Wits end…... damnit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneradride

Reaction score
I have a chirping /chattering noise from the front of the engine, under load, ‘IN PARK’ and in drive. I guess I already know the answer because I only have one thing left to replace but I just need to share my story…..
So.. this FU*KING noise is driving me nuts.. I replace the alternator with a 140 amp.. nice upgrade but it’s still there. I replace the power steering pump.. that’s fun with the pully and all… and it still there…
I replace the idler pulley.. still there.. I replace the tensioner pulley.. still there….
I remove the serpentine belt to get the AC belt and remove it, I replace the serpentine belt without the AC belt on it at all… the damn sound is still there….
So I say Eff this, and run the damn truck without the serpentine belt at all… NOISE IS GONE!
The only thing left is the water pump.. right?

Last edited:

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always heard a bar of soap will fix it, one of those tricks of the trade kinda things

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
since you changed the alt did it have the same size pully? if not is the belt the wrong size and either too tight or too loose? i had to go to a slightly longer belt when i replaced my alt with an aftermarket high output and went with a gatorback. i never had a squeaking issue before or after though. just throwing it out there.

OP
OP
oneradride

oneradride

Reaction score
Thanks guys…… tensioner is good only about 6 months old, probably didn’t even need to replace the pulley but like I said…..wits end…..
New gates belt, 54.00 bucks.. it’s the good one.. same size pulley even thought I have done the e-fan upgrade and could use the overdrive pulley, I don’t have it.
Sucks.. I love this truck.. but I freaking hate little noises.

On the plus side I got the boat back today from a 3 week stent at the shop… fuc*king logs in the river….

Been a bad month

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313