Worse Mileage After New Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78mc-bbc

Reaction score
So awhile back i posted about my 96 Tahoe having fuel problems. To make a long story short, i had my fuel pump, fuel filter, gas tank (rotted lock ring mount) and gas tank straps (also rusted) all replaced. Now the truck does not have any SES light going on, and it runs good, starts right up like it should.

My question is on my gas mileage after the parts were replaced has gotten worse. Before i had the issues with the pump i was consistently getting 17-17.6 mpg in combined city/highway driving. Now its been almost 3 weeks and i have filled it up three times. My mpg have been 15.28, 16.34 and 15.94. So what gives, i know its only a few mpg's off but it does mount up quickly in money.

Any ideas?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could have been running slighty lean? idk. thats still good milage for a tahoe.

gas stations should be if not already switching to winter blend gas that gives worse milage. (or so i have read several places)

OP
OP
78mc-bbc

78mc-bbc

Reaction score
I know the mileage is actually pretty good considering its a 5500lb 4x4, my friends 02 tahoe gets worse than my 96. I'm going to keep track of the mileage and see what happens??

I'm still thinking of getting a bb tune also, just gotta see how the money situation works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968