Worthwhile dealer add-ons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmc2023forme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealerships always rip you off. I never buy anything from them unless it's unavailable anywhere else. "Security" etching is another scam some of them try to pull on people.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
I did a 10 year sentence in the car business. We call the addendums “sucker stickers.”

However, after the Covid debacle/ supply chains, the dealers had the upper hand for a bit, and these addendums became a “take it or leave it” tactic and unfortunately supply and demand won, and the dealers sold a lot of crap on these.

Recently, we’ve been looking for a new Yukon for one of our Presidents, and the local dealer wanted to charge us for LoJack on a truck that already has Onstar, lol.

My advice would be to find a volume dealer with inventory. The model year is changing, and nobody wants to be without a chair when the music stops on the old models. Shop online, don’t take anything personally, but tell all of the internet departments that you shop at that you’re a legit buyer for a legit deal. If you find someone who treats you well, give them a shot.

Good luck!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you for this information! Wasn’t aware of the Costco service. I’m a member there and will look into it. Thank you!

I’ve been looking for infotainment screen protector and floor liners. I can’t find a screen protector with good reviews. The ones on Amazon, reviews say they don’t fit the 2024 Yukon screen well, leaving an exposed gap across the top. And the Husky floor liners, there doesn’t seem to be an option for the second row bucket seats; it says “does not fit power sliding center console models” which is what mine is. Any suggestions? Thanks!
You don’t need an infotainment screen protector. You can’t drop it, and unless you plan on having people in your vehicle throw hard objects at it, you won’t break it. Now, if you are talking the 2nd row screens…maybe..there have been people crack those…but the main one on the dash is fine, you’d be hard pressed to break it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHKSTR96

Latest posts