Would emissions delete get rid of coolant bypass valve issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Melmills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Vehicle currently registered in California, but spends half the year in Arizona and will be registering vehicle in AZ for next year. Currently, engine fan is on full blast every time I drive as there is a malfunction with the coolant bypass valve, which is also conveniently “on back order with no anticipated delivery date”.
Does this fall under emissions? If I do emissions delete, would this correct the issue?
I’m also starting to get messages stating “reduced acceleration, drive with care”. This is a fun message while I’m going 80 on the freeway with my 3 children.

Also, is GM fixing the issue with the 3L diesel engines on the mid model refresh? Or are they completely ignoring all the issues and all the people doing lemons on this vehicle? I love my car, but 3 years in and it seems to be falling apart!

Attachments

• IMG_6005.jpeg
    IMG_6005.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 2

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB on the valves TSB Here. I know this isn't a warm fuzzy, but I have a RAM sitting in the yard that has been waiting for it's version for 2 months. There are some dealers that have them in stock, my mechanic grabbed one from Van in Arizona. For some reason dealers no longer ship between dealers, and this is not unique to GM, but exists across the board.
An emissions delete won't fix the issue, and while I am not a fan of emissions, if your in Cali, own any property, registered to vote there, earn any income that is reported to the FTB, if someone jumps on the CHP Website and reports the vehicle is in Cali and registered in AZ, don't be surprised if a DMV Investigator snoops around. Cali gives you 20 days, and they will use the voter reg, FTB payroll taxes, property where the vehicle is parked, as evidence you were evading Cali Registration as required by law. The I have property in another state doesn't work, you are earning income in Cali, so you are considered a Cali resident. You won't know until a letter shows up in your mailbox from DMV giving you 30 days to register the vehicle in Cali, with a $$ amount, detailing the fees, interest, and late penalties, followed by a letter from CARB sending you to a Smog Referee for an inspection.
Let's say you blow off the letter, a month goes by, nothing, then one morning a knock at the front door, a CHP Officer, DMV Investigator, and a tow truck. CHP will hand you a Court Order allowing them to impound the vehicle for fees due. They will tow the vehicle to an impound yard, have a CARB inspection done, and then tell you it can't be driven in Cali, you have 2 choices, have it towed out of state, or have it towed to a certified smog mechanic to have the emissions system repaired or replaced. Don't ask me how I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcalder919