WrenchGuy Build #2.5 maybe 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
Alright some of these pics are old and seen befiore so I will slap some pics that briefly lead up to now.

To those that have seen sorry there isn't much new. Been laid off blah..blah..

Everything kinda erupted as soon as I sought putting 8" mids in the doors and going to an active setup. What an awesome choice I made its been an exspensive learning curve but its so worth it Woot Woo!

Lets start at the electrical upgrade.

Thing still works great!

IMG_0467.gif

IMG_0743.jpg

Big 3

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

Deadening. Still have to do the rear doors and roof.

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0814.gif

IMG_1103.gif

Throw wire in there...

IMG_1113.gif

There is a little more history here...

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Na your always on a project, That's the game with these rides tho. New Ideas and so little money.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
theres an old saying my dad always says to me. "once the house is finished the master dies" I think that the same goes true for the tahoe lol.

OP
OP
W

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
Thanks and its good to see people get the idea here...lol

Continuing on.... things have changed mind you

IMG_0080_2.jpg

And I still haven't finalized that tweeter

IMG_0553.jpg

When 8" midbasses were a good idea. It could have gone a few ways I guess.

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

And then the 10" midbasses were an even better idea!

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

DoorBling.gif

I'm gonna wrap these panels as they stand and I'm going to start some panels from more of an MDF base. I'm going to keep the top portion of the panel to keep the hangers and cut the rest off.

Believe it or not I have thought of pushing the limits to a 12 yes a 12" midbass!!! I just want to research some stuff to try and avoid the Pro Audio drivers if possible. What do you guys think of that?...lol

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Lets get to the woofer enclosure. The only update on this box is that it now houses Q's instead of BTL's. Now if that raised a brow each chamber is 6 cubes and thats the low end for the BTL's but its damn near right on for the Q's and they sound sweet! I also sprayed some rubberized on the box to coat it with something don't really care...lol

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1134.gif

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

Now when I get all my ducks in a row and clean everything up I'll get on here with new stuff.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DAMN. All I gotta say is can't wait..

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the box could be a smidge bigger lol... Those door panels came out great man... Nice work!

OP
OP
W

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
I think the box could be a smidge bigger lol... Those door panels came out great man... Nice work!

Actually your right. With the BTL's it could have been but would have choked the box because of being too close to the lift gate. Now with the Q's its perfect! Even port area! I could probably put any 18" woofer in this enclosure.

Yeah the panels are sweet but wait til I get started on the finishers!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
looks great, how much are those alternators? I need a bigger one, esp if I add another amp and more speakers.

OP
OP
W

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
Actually I tried to get mods at TF to let a group buy come through.

Nate at EA likes a group buy and cuts a little off the top. I think I paid $420 or something like that for the 300 amp.

If the mods would like I can still set one up I'm sure. Mainly its running dates and at least 10 alts have to be ordered to benefit the group buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap