Yeah, Denali XL finally arrived!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up with two big SD cards. Music in the front and videos in the back.

I'm going to try and put up the formatting info tonight. Just have to sit down with the computer and take some screen shots.

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up with two big SD cards. Music in the front and videos in the back.

I'm going to try and put up the formatting info tonight. Just have to sit down with the computer and take some screen shots.

Great! Would like to know about the video format. And I guess I better go get another SD card...

Last edited:

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the Electronics sub forum for my crappy write up.

OP
OP
S

SHWA

Reaction score
Check the Electronics sub forum for my crappy write up.

Thanks. I just saw it. It looks like from what you wrote and what I have seen that videos do not work well from the front sd slot and usb ports but work in the rear. Kind of strange.

OP
OP
S

SHWA

Reaction score
Got my antennae replaced yesterday. Nice to have my Navigation, OnStar and compass working again!!!

I read on one of the other threads that the MVI unlock also unlocks all of the USB and SD slots as well as allows for the system to play other audio and video formats. Anyone have experience with this?

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my antennae replaced yesterday. Nice to have my Navigation, OnStar and compass working again!!!

I read on one of the other threads that the MVI unlock also unlocks all of the USB and SD slots as well as allows for the system to play other audio and video formats. Anyone have experience with this?

It does do that. The big deal with the unlock, IMO, is that it allows to actually use the whole system while the car is moving. No more stopping to enter gps destinations.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got to unlock mine. I'd have never thought of it without this forum. I would've been happy driving around in ignorant bliss.

Chinzo

Reaction score
It does do that. The big deal with the unlock, IMO, is that it allows to actually use the whole system while the car is moving. No more stopping to enter gps destinations.

I was also looking into getting it unlocked too, but found out that box of soda does the same :)

Put something heavy enough on the passenger seat, it will think passenger is present and will let you enter directions while driving. As far as being able to see movie while driving is just irresponsible for someone who could afford this type of vehicle, and yes there is some excuses to show the passenger movie while driving etc etc.., easier to move them to rear seat without being distracted too :)

I'm not trying to convince anyone not to get it unlocked, but seems like my 2015i has everything that unlock does and $400 seems pretty steep for enabling iphone mirroring. I could buy whole new IPAD and use in-car WIFI in place, but that's just me.

Also for any warranty work my dealer told me (which i've verified with other GMC dealers and my friend who also works at GM) that these modules get serialized and associated with the VIN, both for defect tracking and to avoid lemon swapping under warranty etc. Let me know guys...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBrown