Yet another denali z55 shock thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowman7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, the front end of my 07 yukon xl denali has this horrendous squeaking noise anytime you drive over a bump. My dad, who is a mechanic, said it was swaybar bushings, but we've lubed those and checked and checked, and I don't see how that is causing this problem.

It's not brakes, it has to be some suspension component.

I looked at the front shocks, and they are Delphi brand, part number 1579972(i think). These are not factory shocks are they? This thing has 130k miles on it, so I'm thinking about replacing them anyway.

The rears are also Delphi, part number 15869658. They look like they have the right connectors and plugs to work like factory, and I've never seen any suspension dash messages, but I also don't think I've ever heard, or felt the compressor run to level the rear. I was under the impression that only AC Delco made replacement shocks that actually functioned as designed from the factory. All others just have jumpers or whatever to spoof the car and are just passive shocks.

I don't have any idea what was done to this thing before I got it, so could these shocks have been replaced with passive stuff and spoofers?

I know it's going to cost about $1000 in parts to replace just the shocks and I'm considering it, because I'd like to keep, or regain?, the factory functioning suspension.

I believe Ac Delco part numbers are 19300039 for the front and 19300072 for the rear.

I'd like to do this as inexpensively as possible, but I'd rather spend a little more to retain the factory functionality. I've looked into the Arnott shocks, and I know Bilstiens have a good reputation, but I'm pretty sure they are just passive shocks with spoofers... which is not what I want.

Anyway...any got any good advice?

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
If you want to retain the electronic shocks you are going to spend a good amount of money to do it. I am replacing my front struts with regular struts and resistors. I am going to replace the rears with arnott shocks to retain load leveling but put resistors because they are passive replacements. With the age of the vehicle and mileage it's not worth it to me to spend that kind of money for O.E.

OP
OP
S

Snowman7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll be doing the fronts shortly. Rock auto has delco front shocks, direct replacement, for ~240 each. I'm considering the Arnott AS-2127 rears, because, from what I can tell by their description on the website, it looks like they will act like factory. And are supposed to be Bilstien parts, which I like.

OP
OP
S

Snowman7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New question. Anyone got definitive part numbers for the front shocks?

I think(thought?) GM part number was 19300039, but I've seen 19300036 now too...

Ac Delco part numbers, I thought 580-430 was the right one, but I see 580-433, 580-431, 580-434 as well...... And all claim to be the correct part.

My local stealership quoted me over $900 for two front shocks, but refused to give me the part numbers. Where's that GM rep to chime in on that one?

Anyone actually replaced their own shocks and have the known correct part number?

OP
OP
S

Snowman7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to update anyone who cares. If you check the RPO codes there are specific codes for shocks. Mine were 6CL and 7CL, front left and right. I had to manually search through every shock on the Ac Delco site, but I found that 580-373 is for those codes. That number has been superseded by 580-434. So, that's what I'm ordering. 192ea on Amazon, with Prime shipping.

and 19300039 is the correct OEM part number.

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
I paid 155 shipped to my door for both front shocks. They are non electronic so I had to install resistors but the ride is so much smoother now. I'm glad I did it and save a good bit of money too. I do plan on keeping to air leveling on the rear thought.

cooljoe51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone actually have pictures of how the resistors look and are put in? I just want to make sure it's not something that could be bad. Thanks!

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snowman sorry you never gained any traction on your post, were you able to replace your front shocks? Did you ever follow up and do anything with the rears?

Cooljoe, the resistors I used on the fronts I bought from Fryes. I soldered on some solid wire leads and just pushed them into the connector and zip tied them secure. What are you worried about being bad?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdalupan