Yukon 12 Denali Chinese android unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beeswax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have a 2012 Yukon Denali with the OEM Bose system, and I recently bought a Chinese Android radio that was advertised as plug-and-play. Most features are working fine, including the OEM camera, door notifications, and automatic switching to the backup camera when in reverse. However, the audio isn't working.

I contacted the store multiple times, but the customer service reps weren’t very technical and couldn’t help me solve the issue.

After going through some forums, I found out that the OEM amplifier requires a specific signal to turn on. The wiring harness for the unit has a single disconnected wire labeled "amp cont," but I can't figure out where it should be connected.

Has anyone here dealt with these Android units before and can offer some advice? I bought the screen from AliExpress, and returning it would cost more than the price of the unit itself.

Thanks in advance!
IMG_4502.jpg

hillstrubl

Reaction score
This absolutely drives me crazy that its totally designed to be not financially returnable and that installation instructions are not vetted before being put up for sale. Good luck, I had a similar experience with a radio I ended up returning for one I bought from crutchfield (which I also don't love).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelbibler20