Yukon AT4 suspension issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

syrupdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife's 2021 AT4 Yukon has been the most unreliable vehicle we have ever owned. The latest problem is the dealer is saying the 1.5" procomp leveling kit caused the magneride struts to spin thus twisting the sensor wires. Then when the wires twisted it shorted out the suspension control module. The mount bushing they call a "strut mount bearing" is completely busted out also. Keep in mind this car only has 40k miles and it gets BABIED. We have a few other vehicles so it only gets drove on family trips. The leveling kit was installed 6k miles ago. Up to that point it was completely stock. I was hoping someone here might have some insite as to how this is even possible. I'll attach some pictures if it will let me since I'm a new member. 1000003229.jpg1000003234.jpg1000003235.jpg1000003561.jpg1000003562.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

That's a wild one, and it is hard to imagine how that wire got twisted up in that manner. Fortunately, the suspension control module is fairly easy to replace.

OP
OP
S

syrupdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is probably the best pic I have of it. My wife probably has some. This Pic is from when the fuel pump went out with 33k miles on it last year

1000003599.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

thill466

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife's 2021 AT4 Yukon has been the most unreliable vehicle we have ever owned. The latest problem is the dealer is saying the 1.5" procomp leveling kit caused the magneride struts to spin thus twisting the sensor wires. Then when the wires twisted it shorted out the suspension control module. The mount bushing they call a "strut mount bearing" is completely busted out also. Keep in mind this car only has 40k miles and it gets BABIED. We have a few other vehicles so it only gets drove on family trips. The leveling kit was installed 6k miles ago. Up to that point it was completely stock. I was hoping someone here might have some insite as to how this is even possible. I'll attach some pictures if it will let me since I'm a new member. View attachment 432626View attachment 432627View attachment 432628View attachment 432629View attachment 432630
When I was looking at levels/lifts I went with the readylift because it was well designed and included sensor and wire relocation brackets. Not trying to be rude, but this kinda looks like it could be a cheaper level kit, or potentially an installation issue?

OP
OP
S

syrupdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I was looking at levels/lifts I went with the readylift because it was well designed and included sensor and wire relocation brackets. Not trying to be rude, but this kinda looks like it could be a cheaper level kit, or potentially an installation issue?
Not rude at all! It is 1.5" Pro Comp kit so not some no name brand kit. The shop I had install it is very reputable in our area and there's not much you can do wrong I don't believe.

I'm not a suspension expert but I am very good mechanically. I can't wrap my head around how those wires got twisted that bad. How is it even possible for the strut to spin around that many times?

thill466

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not rude at all! It is 1.5" Pro Comp kit so not some no name brand kit. The shop I had install it is very reputable in our area and there's not much you can do wrong I don't believe.

I'm not a suspension expert but I am very good mechanically. I can't wrap my head around how those wires got twisted that bad. How is it even possible for the strut to spin around that many times?
Pro comp is definitely reputable! I'm not sure either, but i do know a guy on a facebook group added a non magneride kit to his at4 and had all the sensors twist and throw codes etc. Maybe call readylift and ask if they would just sell the sensor relocation brackets?

djnice

Reaction score
Ready Lift sensor relocation brackets won't fix that issue. They won't sell them separate, I asked them.

djnice

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I wouldn't have thought about this happening. Do you have photos of the lift parts with the strut? I am assuming there is a top of strut spacer with a large diameter hole.

I installed the rough country 2.5" lift myself. It has a steel plate on the top of strut with a small diameter hole. My guess is that plate mimics the vehicles strut tower, compresses the center of strut, and keeps the center of the strut from spinning. That said I am going to check that nothing like this is happening on mine.

I don't see that procomp makes a kit for the tahoe/yukon so maybe you have the wrong kit for the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDF1155

Latest posts