Yukon Denali - Vinyl Wrapped Head Lights & Other Chrome Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PFDSOTM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Very informative board. New to forum and just want to share my enthusiasm for my first Yukon. Have had it for about 2 months and just absolutely love everything about it...well almost everything but the chrome.

20140709_092805.jpg

20140709_092917.jpg

20140709_092822.jpg

20140709_092831.jpg

20140709_092850.jpg

ssparks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice truck for sure, but I do feel that that cheapens the look overall. Are the yukon badges on the side stock? I don't think I've noticed those before.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Wow. You went all out on the vinyl! I think it looks amazing, BUT I would have stopped just before doing the lights.

Although the front end looks crisp and clean, the rear is just too dark and it's simply a shame to cover those nice rear lights on the Yukon that provide just the right amount of "white" in all that black. I would also leave the badges alone. Hope you find this feedback constructive!

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, looks great. Have you thought about plasticoating just the mesh in the front grille black?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

check out the post grilles, grilles, grilles. a bunch of t rex grilles for your ride

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good... I like your style. It reminds me of my old one before I went with white

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good

OP
OP
P

PFDSOTM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice truck for sure, but I do feel that that cheapens the look overall. Are the yukon badges on the side stock? I don't think I've noticed those before.

Doesn't look cheap in person...I didn't care for the Denali trimming on the exterior. The Yukon badges are not stock...they are great metal quality I got off Ebay.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Wow. You went all out on the vinyl! I think it looks amazing, BUT I would have stopped just before doing the lights.

Although the front end looks crisp and clean, the rear is just too dark and it's simply a shame to cover those nice rear lights on the Yukon that provide just the right amount of "white" in all that black. I would also leave the badges alone. Hope you find this feedback constructive!

Hmmm...you guys having me questionig the light wrapping...
I like the clean look of black on the rear. Definitely constructive, I would hate for most of the thoughts of it being cheap looking.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

wow, looks great. Have you thought about plasticoating just the mesh in the front grille black?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

check out the post grilles, grilles, grilles. a bunch of t rex grilles for your ride

Thanks, I will surely check it out!

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Looks good... I like your style. It reminds me of my old one before I went with white

It was a tough decision going between white and black... I prefer white in general but our second car was white so black it was.

ktrent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you have the chrome wrapped by a shop. Looks great. Just got the wife a Denali XL and not loving the chrome.

Sent into space with tapatalk

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not being mean at all...

But just wanted to be the first to point out an "extreme" chrome removal but an additional optional chrome exhaust tip!!! Lol

Looks nice btw. I'd recommend to lose the emblems and maybe paint the OE Denali letters black and re-apply them. They'd keep with your style.