Yukon Denali - Vinyl Wrapped Head Lights & Other Chrome Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's your Denali, you can do what you think looks good. it shouldn't matter what other people think anyhow. and if people don't have anything nice to say, keep your pie holes closed. He likes it....thats what is important.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One question. Why the chrome grille up front but black out everything else? It's etiehr chrome grille and chrome trim or blacked out grille and black trim. Just a question. If you like it that's all that matters!

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One question. Why the chrome grille up front but black out everything else? It's etiehr chrome grille and chrome trim or blacked out grille and black trim. Just a question. If you like it that's all that matters!

Probably because he trying to say....... hey look....... its still a denali....... so as not to undermine the fact he spent a lot.

Same reason some people remove everything then still keeps the LT or LTZ badges lol

OP
OP
P

PFDSOTM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you have the chrome wrapped by a shop. Looks great. Just got the wife a Denali XL and not loving the chrome.

Sent into space with tapatalk
Yes it was done by a shop.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Not being mean at all...

But just wanted to be the first to point out an "extreme" chrome removal but an additional optional chrome exhaust tip!!! Lol

Looks nice btw. I'd recommend to lose the emblems and maybe paint the OE Denali letters black and re-apply them. They'd keep with your style.
My car was pre-built with the chrome tip...didn't wrap it since it would melt. Going to remove or get it painted...interested in it?

I prefer the label Yukon but like the Denali grill.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

It's your Denali, you can do what you think looks good. it shouldn't matter what other people think anyhow. and if people don't have anything nice to say, keep your pie holes closed. He likes it....thats what is important.
Thanks...I appreciate other enthusiast opinion but I hear ya...let's keep it constructive.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Can't really wrap the grill with all the holes, however I'm considering having it plasti dip black. I'm contemplating black wheels but that may just be too over the top for me...these wheels comes with black inserts as option instead of the chrome but the dealer won't sell it separate parts yet.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Probably because he trying to say....... hey look....... its still a denali....... so as not to undermine the fact he spent a lot.

Same reason some people remove everything then still keeps the LT or LTZ badges lol
Not really saying anything...before the 15, I believe the Denali was just a label to show the added luxuary details...I prefer not to highlight mine as luxurious...eventhough I love the Denali interiror treatment...maybe I'm just one confused guy.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
I think your truck looks great. Sometimes you've got to stand back and take in all the changes for a little while. I think rushing to do a bunch of things all at once usually results in some mistakes. In my opinion, blacking out the grill would be one of those mistakes. I think simply removing the film from the rear taillights completes this project. The best mods are the ones that you can hardly tell occurred, but "there's just something different" about the overall look that is just bitchen. my2¢ :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PFDSOTM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think your truck looks great. Sometimes you've got to stand back and take in all the changes for a little while. I think rushing to do a bunch of things all at once usually results in some mistakes. In my opinion, blacking out the grill would be one of those mistakes. I think simply removing the film from the rear taillights completes this project. The best mods are the ones that you can hardly tell occurred, but "there's just something different" about the overall look that is just bitchen. my2¢ :)
That's a great observation...thanks for the feedback. That was my concern about the grill...I think if I did try it I would purchase another one, get it dipped and if it don't work then put it up for sell. I should've held off on the tailights to see how all the black wrapping would look against it. I think you are spot on about doing it a step at a time...I guess I got kinda anxious.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
That's a great observation...thanks for the feedback. That was my concern about the grill...I think if I did try it I would purchase another one, get it dipped and if it don't work then put it up for sell. I should've held off on the tailights to see how all the black wrapping would look against it. I think you are spot on about doing it a step at a time...I guess I got kinda anxious.

Let me try to save you some money and time... :)

eqygu9y8.jpg

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me try to save you some money and time... :)

eqygu9y8.jpg

I think it looks good, maybe leave the GMC Chrome and Red emblem. Those wheels look great too.

Anyway it is really up to the owner, and pictures don't always look as good as in person. Do what makes you happy, Its not like you cant change your mind.

After all I'm on my second wife and that was ment to last a little longer.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
The other angle...
utagesun.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

With the gmc emblem intact...
epu8ara6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CountryRoads