Yukon headlight switch question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Denalibro76

Denalibro76

Reaction score
When it comes to trying to get the daytime running lights turned off through programming the computer part it may not work. My 1999 Tahoe had the lights slaved to the ignition program. If you deleted the daytime running running lights the vehicle wouldn't start. The lights would only turn off if the engine was turned off or it was in park with the emergency brake depressed/engaged. It was originally made for the Canadien market and that was the law back then. I'm not sure if it still is, but ALL vehicles had to run with daytime running lights. Safety First!!
Absolutely!

YukCCR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine can be turned to auto, off, or on using the dial but it’s an 07.
does yours stay at the off position when you put it there? Mine springs back to "AUTO". So, it's always on AUTO unless and until I turn the dial to off. I'd prefer it to be on off until I select otherwise, as I can do in my Pacifica. Sorry about the old thread, thought I would check before starting a new one.

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '12. Was told one could pull the headlite switch and remove the spring. Then it would do what you want. Too much trouble for me...anyways, on mine, I just pulled the fuse for the DRL's. Good Luck

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes that is another method, just pull the switch apart, remove the return spring and it stays where ever you put the switch off/auto/on, etc