Yukon License applique installed on Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has done by some, but can someone confirm that the yukon applique is a direct fit on the tahoe (meaning it uses the same mounts,screws, etc.) TIA!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is, but it is a HARD thing to remove. I tried to with my dad (who owned a body shop for 30+ years) and we couldn't get it off with what tools we had. It has some kind of special bolt that looked impossible to take off, the way it worked.

I think it can be done easier if you don't care about damaging your current applique. As far as I know you have to rip it off to get access to these special bolts, which then you gotta figure out how to get out to install the new applique.

Modded should be able to tell you.

OP
OP
A

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. I'm planning to remove it regardless when I install the rear camera. I don't care about the one I'll be removing, but I will need to be careful and have access when installing the new one. what kind of nuts are we talking about? I PM'd modded. Thanks!

Last edited:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going over to my dads later today, I'll ask for you. All I know is that when you try to turn them, the whole bolt turns on a washer that is located inside of the liftgate shell. Meaning, to remove the washer ring, and get the bolt off, you would somehow need to get your hand inside the bare shell of the liftgate.

My dad said this is a very special type used only on parts that the manufacturer does NOT want to be removed in any circumstance. Which is dumb for a simple part like that. But, I will get you an up-close shot of those bolts on his liftgate assembly.

OP
OP
A

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool...thanks for checking into it for me. I may have a tough time removing the current one, but feel that I'll be able to figure out a way to install the new one. Let me know what you find out. Thanks!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My dad said that, depending on how difficult the bolts are to remove once you can finally get access to them, you may want to use 3M double sided adhesive to help stick it on.

Modded and a few others will know more about installing it. I just know that the bolts are next to impossible to remove, unless there is a trick we didn't catch when we looked at it.

OP
OP
A

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again...Modded did share some info and said that it is a pain to remove but that the new one is simple to install. I shall find out! Thanks for everything.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I have it on mine but luckly the person who owned the car before my had to deal with doing it.

900sub6.0

Reaction score
The rear applique is held on by four 10mm nuts. The nuts are factory secured with loctite. The loctite then causes the applique stud to spin in the applique.
When we have to do camera replacements in the shop, we also order appliques because they are next to impossible to remove without breaking.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
YES, "loctite" is the word my dad said, I forgot what it was! They're annoying little things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRebel