Yukon License applique installed on Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had someone on here not long ago post pics of their Denali (it was a storm grey one) with the chrome piece over the appliqué and I really liked it.

The reason I don't just buy the chrome Tahoe appliqué is because I hate the over-bubbly shape of it and I think it would look like shit. The Yukon appliqué is a lot flatter / sleeker (not to mention it resembles the esky appliqué more). Plus whether the chrome piece is going to stay on or not, the Yukon appliqué is a way cleaner piece-- with our without the chrome add on. So if I don't like the chrome, we both know it will look better with just the Yukon appliqué.

No doubt the Yukon applique is cleaner and looks better than the Tahoe/Burb one :waytogo: I didn't realize there was that much difference in the two that the chrome overlay would look that much different, though. I just assumed that the chrome overlay you'd get for the Yukon applique would fit right over the Tahoe applique and result in the same thing. :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

The escalade appliqué has a built in circle above it that fits the cadillac logo on top of it so that's a no go. Otherwise I would have done just that.

Good decision on that one. That is the one thing I don't like about the Esky's is that huge crest build into the rear applique. That is just too gawdy for me. If I owned an Esky I'd be switching that out for a Yukon piece in a heartbeat.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The escalade appliqué has a built in circle above it that fits the cadillac logo on top of it so that's a no go. Otherwise I would have done just that.

Ahh yes, how could I forget that... Anyone else ever detailed that large caddy logo?? 10x worse than the GMC on the front grille of the nali.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt the Yukon applique is cleaner and looks better than the Tahoe/Burb one :waytogo: I didn't realize there was that much difference in the two that the chrome overlay would look that much different, though. I just assumed that the chrome overlay you'd get for the Yukon applique would fit right over the Tahoe applique and result in the same thing. :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Good decision on that one. That is the one thing I don't like about the Esky's is that huge crest build into the rear applique. That is just too gawdy for me. If I owned an Esky I'd be switching that out for a Yukon piece in a heartbeat.

LOL -- negative. I wish it were that easy. They make two separate chrome overlays that look way different; the Tahoe one accentuating even MORE the bubbly-ness of the applique.

Yes I agree the cadillac symbol is way too big in the back. Since i've been wanting this little piece, I notice many car manufacturers (including many other GM vehicles) that they too indeed have a chrome solid piece on the top of their license plate that is either all chrome or has a logo in the middle of it. I think it looks nice and 'factory' enough to do-- if done right.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Ahh yes, how could I forget that... Anyone else ever detailed that large caddy logo?? 10x worse than the GMC on the front grille of the nali.

nope... hopefully one day i'll be detailing my own esky :chicken:

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotcha. I see where you're coming from now. Like you said, if you get tired of the chrome overlay you'll still be set up with a Yukon applique which will look cleaner than the chevy with the bowtie. I'll be interested in how hard that appliqué is to take off for you. I've never given it serious consideration mainly cuz I don't want to destroy the current appliqué (would like to sell it) or mess up that back gate (and it's paint) at all.

John|ONEighty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in. I have a 2010 tahoe that i put the Yukon applique on and had no problem getting the 10mm's off with an impact gun. The only problem i ran into is the middle bolt is hard to get to due to the sheetmetal for the trunk lid is blocking it. For that i used a 90degree socket extender. IMO i think it looks great with the esky 3rd brake light and tails. And that chrome cover is..:supergay:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in. I have a 2010 tahoe that i put the Yukon applique on and had no problem getting the 10mm's off with an impact gun. The only problem i ran into is the middle bolt is hard to get to due to the sheetmetal for the trunk lid is blocking it. For that i used a 90degree socket extender. IMO i think it looks great with the esky 3rd brake light and tails. And that chrome cover is..:supergay:

Ah thanks for the info, when I get one i'm gonna try my hardest not to break the oem tahoe one. I like your list of mods btw, do you have a pic of your yukon applique with the rear of your vehicle? We have a few similar mods and would like to get an idea of the look.

And I like the chrome cover... :chicken:

but remember, it's only being held on 3M and can easily be taken off!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
LOL -- negative. I wish it were that easy. They make two separate chrome overlays that look way different; the Tahoe one accentuating even MORE the bubbly-ness of the applique.

Yes I agree the cadillac symbol is way too big in the back. Since i've been wanting this little piece, I notice many car manufacturers (including many other GM vehicles) that they too indeed have a chrome solid piece on the top of their license plate that is either all chrome or has a logo in the middle of it. I think it looks nice and 'factory' enough to do-- if done right.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

nope... hopefully one day i'll be detailing my own esky :chicken:

you can detail your Roof rack and Spoiler to get a Feel what it will feel like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat