yukon rims on a 1996 tahoe.........pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudeface

Reaction score
got some 2012 yukon rims 17" ............mint shape with 60% tread for 300 bucks. one had a leak so I played up the "not to pleased that wasnt in the add" card and buddy went from 700 to ......what would you pay for them?
I told him 300 and he said take em away!! finally got a break!!
anyways was unsure they would fit my 96 tahoe 2 door, 17s were never an option then. they fit tight.............my trucks been lowered 2 inches as well.

picture.jpg

This weekend I am going to paint the insets on these rims with duplicolors Blackout shadow kit..........already did 1 as a tester and it looks awesome. also got some black acorn lug nuts on the way to top it off. I will post pics of that process in a different album and thread tomorrow

peace

Last edited:
OP
OP
dudeface

dudeface

Reaction score
looks great I have been looking for some for mine

i think they also came on later model sierras as well. there are aftermarket places selling these exact rims for 200 a peice............te dealership wants a grand or so for 4 rims. they are a real nice lookin rim for factory. good luck and i am sure you will find a set eventually

peace

neutube

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good deal.. they look good on your truck too.. waiting to see the final product

97Tahoe2d4x

Reaction score
Those rims look great and you got a steal of a deal.
What size tires are on those rims? Fills the wheel well quite nicely.
Love to see the the rims when you're done with painting the insets.

Good to see another 2 door.

OP
OP
dudeface

dudeface

Reaction score
Those rims look great and you got a steal of a deal.
What size tires are on those rims? Fills the wheel well quite nicely.
Love to see the the rims when you're done with painting the insets.

Good to see another 2 door.

tires are 265 70 R17...........

and thanks, I sure love my 2 door and i only see about 6 others around my million plus population city,
I finally got my black lug nuts so tomorrow i will post pics of thre finished black painted insets and black lugs. It looks pretty awesome...........would really like to see a set painted some other color to match the body color.

peace out

picture.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dudeface

dudeface

Reaction score
tires are 265 70 R17...........

and thanks, I sure love my 2 door and i only see about 6 others around my million plus population city,
I finally got my black lug nuts so tomorrow i will post pics of thre finished black painted insets and black lugs. It looks pretty awesome...........would really like to see a set painted some other color to match the body color.

peace out

picture.jpg

so i finished painting my rims with duplicolors shadow blackout black chrome kit for wheels. very cool product and although i could have just painted the insets a gloss or semi gloss black paint............I decided to pay the 20 bucks for their wheel blackout kit mainly because the paint was intended for wheels

picture.jpg

I also purchased some lug nuts off Ebay for 40 bucks shipped.............I tried to buy local but finding them in canada seems impossible unless you wanna pay 120 bucks and up!!?? they added the finishing touch to the whole look i was going for.

picture.jpg

Living in canada..............gets pretty messy in the winter, I wanted rims that looked good, were 17 inch and easy to clean. As this is my daily driver I like to keep it clean but with another car for my cruiser I spend enough time keeping that one clean. So I wanted something something cheap and decent lookin and I think I found it with these factory yukon rims..............

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

just for kicks I will post a picture of my other material obsession and the vehicle that gets most of the attention. had it for 10 plus years..............hardly drive it lately with all the bad weather but F$#k I love this car

picture.jpg

1985 cutlass salon.............

peace

Last edited:

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I like the painted wheels and the cutlass..the grille...not so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member