2003 Tahoe 5.3 VIN-Z - P0300 With a Twist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mridgewayii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
SWAG I wonder if the O2 heater circuits are working. If not, it could prevent the sensors from coming alive. But I think there's a code for that. (?)
I agree and I thought that in the beginning but after driving it 10-15 miles … I would think the O2 sensors would have been hot enough

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, your post made up my mind. I’m going to pull the valve covers this week to see. I’m pretty competent at troubleshooting and can’t remember a time something had me this stumped. Time to go back to the basics and see if the mechanical parts are working.
Keep us updated and good luck

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree and I thought that in the beginning but after driving it 10-15 miles … I would think the O2 sensors would have been hot enough

Think, but know. I'd be testing the heater circuits to make sure they can carry the load. Several YouTubes out there showing how using a test light that draws some current.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get a helper looking at moving rockers is easier.
Remove coil packs and valve covers and pull the fuel pump relay. Have helper crank the engine while you watch rockers. Look for any that aren't moving a whole lot, or seem to have slop. Otherwise, use a socket and breaker bar to rotate and check for slop in the rockers.

V327839

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had an intermittent limp mode issue for the longest time. I could even fix it just by slamming the drivers door on occasion. Since you’ve done so much work to your engine, I would check the place I found my problem. The underside of the main harness as it crosses the intake manifold. In my case, the engine cover has squashed some wires to the point I had a bunch of shiners. After some wire repair, the issue was fixed. It’s worth a shot as I found that the main harness as it’s pulled across the manifold is very tight and rubs in several places, especially if you’ve moved it yourself. You’ll never get it back perfect. Thats my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364